Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caen - Lyon - Tuscany

Spud

Spud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi we (hubby and I)
are travelling mid September on the above route, apart from Lyon nothing is planned as normal, we have the acsi books etc and follow them never booking. Just wondering aabout places in Tuscany any recommendations, ideally we'd like time in the hills and a few nights by the sea, just putting feelers out as we've not been this far south in Italy before. Thank you

Sounds great! I'm working on a similar route at the moment & likely Tunnel > Dijon > Switzerland > Como & down from there.

It's all beautiful, but the first stretch after coming out of the Alps & the Italian Lakes is always a tiny bit of a letdown by comparison.

Lucca near Pisa is lovely.

I much prefer Siena to Florence.

Sounds great! I'm working on a similar route at the moment & likely Tunnel > Dijon > Switzerland > Como & down from there.

It's all beautiful, but the first stretch after coming out of the Alps & the Italian Lakes is always a tiny bit of a letdown by comparison.

Good shout on Siena. We went to Florence (worth it to see that David bloke) met someone who advised Siena, lovely place.

Mike

Have you left yet Hirsty? We are off a little later in August on a very similar route to you and now just finalising our plans. We plan to take the Simplon Pass from Switzerland into Italy, and then so as many lakes as we can... hoping the temperatures are a bit lower than the heatwave they've recently been experiencing!

I often frequent Tuscany, I can recommend San Giminiano, Pienza, Montepulciano and small villages such as Bagno Vignoni, Montichiello, Chiusure and the panoramic road between Torrinieri and Asciano. To see absolutely Val d Orcia with the crete, and the road between Pienza and Lake Bolsena. There are secondary roads where there is no traffic! I could write all day .... there are beautiful places and little known !! Greetings and good travel!

I often frequent Tuscany, I can recommend San Giminiano, Pienza, Montepulciano and small villages such as Bagno Vignoni, Montichiello, Chiusure and the panoramic road between Torrinieri and Asciano. To see absolutely Val d Orcia with the crete, and the road between Pienza and Lake Bolsena. There are secondary roads where there is no traffic! I could write all day .... there are beautiful places and little known !! Greetings and good travel!

This is more what we are looking at , we don't do the large towns really more villages, what about campsites any recommendations?

Good campsites on Lake Trasimeno, and in the less busy passage the Treccolo in San Giovanni d'Asso