Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali 6.1. Video

A more light hearted review that has some more detail on changes from a practical angle

Electric heater/ 3 out of 10 cold?
Don't know where the legs are??
Taking the Mick..

Electric heater/ 3 out of 10 cold?
Don't know where the legs are??
Taking the Mick..
Yeah - I’ll have a word with Tim on Monday about those points - thought the same myself when I watched it. He is new to Calis to give him some slack.

Yeah - I’ll have a word with Tim on Monday about those points - thought the same myself when I watched it. He is new to Calis to give him some slack.
Ah OK ....
I never picked up on your association, I just clicked on the link. Quite liked his delivery actually and will forgive the rookie error about electric electric heater :happy and surely he was joking about not finding the awning legs :Grin.
Except of course the fact that I think he was just having a stab at the settings. N.o. 3 would have a lot of campers turning it down....number 10 ..? oh my:shocked:shocked:shocked

He should be cut off a finger to abuse a Cali like that .

Is the VW California 6.1 camper van better than a supercar?

It's not as stupid a question as you might think

Posted on DriveTribe by Tim Rodie.

If you won the lottery, you'd probably run out and buy a supercar. Which is fine, so long as you realise it's not the sort of magic memory-creating machine you expect it to be. No, the perfect vehicle for creating lasting memories is the humble camper van. You can pack the family in it and take it on proper adventures together – albeit at a more sedate pace than in a supercar.

And one of the best camper vans on the market is the Volkswagen California 6.1 – the latest version of Volkswagen's factory-built van that sleeps four. I spent three days living in one in the wilds of Nova Scotia, Canada – and made this little video to show you what I thought of it. Apologies for the sound in places – those pesky bears

For someone who doesn’t know their way around a California I thought that was a great video.

So it hasn’t changed much...
Just wondering if some of the extras features are worth retro-fitting to an existing van and therefore saving a lot of money and expense of changing vehicles, especially as the new price will look more towards the £70k mark...???

New upstairs bed is definitely a bonus,
When you consider what’s now standard on the 6.1 ocean you can see why it’s more money ?
the lights alone used to be a £1200 option
Dsg was also a £1600 option .
Sat nav £1600
Awning is now standard as it privacy glass,acc,F&r park assist and camera.
These are all inc in the standard spec on the ocean 6.1 that’s at least another ££5500 worth of options .
Good thing they now do a coast with a more basic spec so it will be more affordable.
loosing the beach definitely surprises me as I know people love the beach in the uk,
maybe they will start selling the multivan now over here again ?
thats basically a beach without the poptop?
I have always owned se’s or oceans but I can definitely see why people like the big bed in the beach I’m sure it will be missed by a few

Back