Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali awning

dod4luce

dod4luce

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
When I bought my Cali, I opted out of having the roll out awning, but now I am getting one added from VW Hereford next weekend. What do they fit? Is it a Fiamma or an Thule Omnistor (keep seeing all these conflicting names)? Which do they fit as standard? Cos I am looking at the Comfortz Cali awning kit, and want to order is NOW, but only if it will definitely fit whatever VW are fitting on mine. Want to order Comfortz early so that it arrives on time for when I go away. Any advice would be appreciated.

I wouldn't worry as Nick makes both sides for the omnistor and fiamma awnings

Sorry that didn't help much did it. I would guess if it is being fitted by VW it will be the omnistor/Thule awning.

Thanks, maybe I should ring VW and ask which type. Or perhaps what Nick makes fit both? I guess Ill have to be patient and phone VW on monday. They have the awning there, but cant fit it till next weeknd. So they should be bale to see what type they have there!

Hi There,

Yes we do the kit for both awning types, I have just fitted the Fiamma awning to my own Cali this weekend so don't worry which ever type you get we'll be able to sort you out!

Cheers
Nick

Hi There,

Yes we do the kit for both awning types, I have just fitted the Fiamma awning to my own Cali this weekend so don't worry which ever type you get we'll be able to sort you out!

Cheers
Nick
Thanks Nick, thats good to know. Ill try find out which one they are fitting tomorrow, then I will make my order. How long is delivery time? Are you able to post it out quickly. Kind of need it by late August if possible. Thanks for your reply. Appreciated!

What sort of weather conditions can the awning cope with with the sides on? Can it be left out in the wind and rain?

We've still only used ours to check it worked! Like being able to wander off to find the best view without being constrained by the awning

depends where you pitch. If its something like BusFest, then you cant go anywhere anyway! But id be ok putting it away, and getting it back out again if I needed to!

Domestic over the awning sides - I think it'd be really useful extra space for the dogs - moh yet to be convinced. Could we keep them up in wind and rain or not such a good idea??

Back