Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Bagz

T

Tayls

VIP Member
Hi Nick

Nice to see you at CotF - we are delighted with our awning set, thank you.

I just wanted to suggest an idea for a new product and to see if, by feedback it might become a possible new product for you.

Measurements are key to this, but for my 2007, with the seat in its normal travelling position the space on the back shelf is 112 cm wide (to allow a bit of play), 50cm from shelf to top of rear seat and 54 cm deep (to where the side starts to curve on the right)

We are about to get a quote from a custom bag company for a bag to fill this space for our duvet, pillows, cushions etc.

We also use one of your mattress toppers so this takes up 20cm, so we want a big strong, zipped bag that is 112cm W, 30cm H and 54 cm D.

This way we have a bag that we can unzip from within the van once it's time to make the bed up.

That's all we need, but I got to thinking that you could do a bag that is same width and depth but half the height (15cm), one that is half the width, but same depth and height, and one that is half the width and half the height, but same depth.

this way, you could have one bag to fill the space, two, three or four, depending on how you wanted to build it.

I hope this is clear but happy to explain more if needed if people think it might be a goer.

A really clever thing would be for the smaller bags to have the opening on the side so you could access them if other were stored on top, say from the back.

Strong zips, strong material and lots of handles would make them easy to use. We are asking for black so they can't easily be seen when the van is loaded (they also won't poke up above the rear seats to aid rear vision - we don't have a bike rack)

If people don't have a mattress topper, then there is 50cm of height to play with, it would depend how many variants you may want to stock...or they could be made to order.

Seems to me your material and zips are ideal for this.

Just an idea

Ian

Hi Ian,

Good to meet you over the weekend and glad you like the awning :mrgreen: .
I had lots of request for storage bags over the weekend so it's something we're seriously looking at.

Drop me a call and we'll discuss the measurements etc - maybe its a standard product we can produce?
I was also considering a large storage bag / boot tidy to store under the parcelshelf / mattress with plenty of dividers etc to store all the bits and bobs. Maybe with a clear top / sides so folks can see what's in there without opening everything up ??? Just a couple of thoughts, it'd be good to get peoples thoughts on whether something like this would be popular? :thumb :thumb :thumb

Cheers Nick

Great, I'll give yiu a call in the week Nick, thanks

Undershelf is a fab idea too, ddn't want to start suggesting you made 30+ different bags, ha ha.

Speak soon
Ian

Hi all!!! Not been on here in ages but great to see Comfotz Leisure stuff is all the rage and doing so well! You guys earned it and deserve it!

I think a great addition to the stuff you guys do would be an external 'bag-box' for the bike rack. Brandup do one but I think it could be alot better and maybe be able to zip to half depth for example if you did have a couple of bikes on the rack. The nylon you use would seem perfect and with a little fiddling it could be water proof either with waterproof zips...maybe expensive...or zips covered well enough by flaps and velcro. Wanted to suggest the idea ages ago but forgot...lol....sorry! Photo reminds me...we need to get back up to Galicia! The van does look cool in your pic! :lol: :lol: ....a year old but still just a baby! :cool

Looks identical to the brandrup bag ...
There seems to be a pattern ... Lol

I better get cracking and get the final version finished then!
:mrgreen:

Cheers
Nick

I didn't get the opportunity to say thanks for sending mine back Nick, all arrived safely - thanks :thumb

No problem Stu - many thanks for letting me take a look :thumb

as mentioned in an earlier post , from nick, i would be very keen on an organiser for under the rear parcel shelf the sooner the better !!!!

Please be aware this bag did have foam in it to demonstrate a full cargo bag
I tried it with two deckchairs and an awning carpet without any issues :thumb
It has adjustable straps to hold everything tight also you can get into it at the side as well :thumb

Hi folks,
Sorry for the wait on this - so many projects on the go at the moment we're having to prioritise them a little!

Kev has taken one at a discounted price and I'm looking for one more person to trial one for us for a couple of weeks before we go ahead and full launch them fully - Anyone interested?

Cheers
Nick

I can potentially take one down to the Pyrenees with us in a couple of weeks.

Although I am not sure what I would put in it. My worry would be security.. although I guess the answer is to not put anything in that you can't afford to loose.

Does it have a pocket for the reflective square panel? (in Spain and Italy any overhanging loads must be indicated by a square panel measuring 50cm x 50cm with reflectorised red and white diagonal stripes which can be purchased from Fiamma stockists (www.fiamma.com). Panels are available in aluminium and plastic and in Spain you can use either however, in Italy the panel must be aluminium)