Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali broken into whilst sleeping upstairs

Mosquito nets are not secure that much is true. So I find no reason to doubt it. They might get a surprise from our dogs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So someone was sleeping upstairs and failed to wake when the van was broken into?

Assuming they’re not retarded and were sleeping heads to the fat end then that puts their heads at most 1m from the door/window that was forced and didn’t hear a thing?

They’ll be telling us they were gassed next.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Before seeing the comments on here I immediately thought it was clickbait, the way it's written just doesn't ring true to me. The fact that her page/blog/whatever has helpful information is not the point, she will be earning money every time you click on that info, so she needs to draw as many people as possible to click on the info.

Yes, it's unclear exactly how entry was made into the van but from my experience opening the sliding door is quite noisy when the assisted motor kicks in, my wife wakes me up every night when she "pays a visit". Re security, I might have to rethink about locking the van during the night, never bothered on a campsite before.

I’m not sure why people find it so hard to believe has too much fake news made you jaded? Those screens however are easier to slide out of the way than cut to be fair.

It would be quite easy to simply slice one and reach in through a window and take things off the table in our beach which is why we don’t leave things in reach. I think they also have a beach which doesn’t have any assisted door motor it can be opened quite quietly I assure you but maybe not closed. If I can get out of the upstairs bed and back and not wake V until I close the slider I’m sure it’s possible. I always fail to not wake the dogs though.

Not everyone is a light sleeping ninja with spider senses like we seem to have in this forum ;-)

Last edited:
I’m not sure why people find it so hard to believe has too much fake news made you jaded? Those screens however are easier to slide out of the way than cut to be fair.

It would be quite easy to simply slice one and reach in through a window and take things off the table in our beach which is why we don’t leave things in reach. I think they also have a beach which doesn’t have any assisted door motor it can be opened quite quietly I assure you but if not close. If I can get out of the upstairs bed and back and not wake V until I close the slider I’m sure it’s possible. I always fail to not wake the dogs though.

Not everyone is a light sleeping ninja with spider senses like we seem to have in this forum ;-) :p

The thieves were obviously amateurs, the high value item really worth stealing is the Brandrup screens themselves :)

It would be quite easy to simply slice one and reach in through a window and take things off the table in our beach which is why we don’t leave things in reach. I think they also have a beach which doesn’t have any assisted door motor it can be opened quite quietly I assure you but if not close. If I can get out of the upstairs bed and back and not wake V until I close the slider I’m sure it’s possible. I always fail to not wake the dogs though.

Not everyone is a light sleeping ninja with spider senses like we seem to have in this forum ;-) :p

But that was not the purported method of entry. No door is mentioned.

The thieves slashed a mosquito screen and then opened a window to get into our van.

If the net is in its already open, I had assumed they just opened the slider it’s pretty close and only unlocks that door.

It would be quite easy to simply slice one and reach in through a window and take things off the table in our beach which is why we don’t leave things in reach. I think they also have a beach which doesn’t have any assisted door motor it can be opened quite quietly I assure you but maybe not closed. If I can get out of the upstairs bed and back and not wake V until I close the slider I’m sure it’s possible. I always fail to not wake the dogs though.

Not everyone is a light sleeping ninja with spider senses like we seem to have in this forum ;-)
emoji14.png
Beach or Ocean wasn't mentioned in the post, but you can choose the assisted door opener in the Beach options I believe.
I'm not knocking the credibility of the post as I stated I might have to start locking my doors on site.

Perhaps the thieves had an Indiana Jones style monkey ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's either true or it isn't!

If it is then the only remarkable thing is that they didn't wake up. If it isn't true then there's nothing more to be said.

Vehicles are being broken into all the time so there isn't really much to discuss here.

I was following this on Facebook and there is no follow up from the person it happened too, I also notice that she was asked to post on here to make Cali owners aware. I do suspect this is clickbait as others have said.

Back