Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OMG! T6 See-thru Canvas

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
We are currently on a campsite in the Cotswolds and our neighbours are in a hired T6 Ocean. We are both sitting here having tea and shocked at how see-thru the upstairs canvas is on the T6, we can see everything they are doing ( and I mean everything) and I don't think they realise what people can see. I am just hoping they are not going to get up to any hanky panky later with the light on :eek:

Why 'o' why have VW changed the canvas to this shocking material? I dont think they could of done any testing? I had read on here about it being see thru but I did not realise it was to this extent!

Anyway, just a warning for T6 owners out there and if our neighbours are reading this you are welcome to pop round for a cuppa in the morning.

If they read this in the morning after a passionate night with the lights on, they may be a bit reluctant to pop over for a cuppa!

slocum-sings-prince-slider.jpg
Child friendly version :eek:

Joking aside, the T6 bellows is a disaster and a real cock up on such a great vehicle, why the hell did they change it? we ended up buying a Cali topper for this very reason and we put it on even when weather is not bad. In hindsight we should of went for an internal ISO top or similar as I think that blocks out the light but you can still open the windows.

As with any change some will like it and others will hate it.

On the downside they are more see through.
On the upside evidently they don't get trapped quite so easily (Still be careful though) and they are more waterproof.

It seems with the colour of the interior and the bellows VW are aiming for a feeling of airiness.

Seems a bit of a shame that something as simple as the bellows could not be offered with the option of dark or light.

Making the purchase of a topper seem better all the time.

Mike

Are the UK getting the choice of bellow colours yet? Are the coloured ones as see-through as the neutral ones?

I think they are definitely more see through but the improved lighting in the T6 poptop won't help matters either!

• Agree
Reactions: DM
I'm not sure it does fold any better than our old T5, it is still a military precision job every time we bring the roof down as it does still blow out into the scissors every now and then.

Are the UK getting the choice of bellow colours yet? Are the coloured ones as see-through as the neutral ones?
We are offered the coloured bellows. Strawberry Red and Glacier Blue over and above the std grey. £354 option.

The visuals are one thing, and this is of course manageable to an extent, but there is no sound proofing! Surely if you are worried about a few shadows that folks can have a guess at as to what you are doing then the sound track is also a concern.........;) just askin':D

We are offered the coloured bellows. Strawberry Red and Glacier Blue over and above the std grey. £354 option.
I would have ordered a colour if the option was there last May.
I'll just wait to upgrade when my roof has to be repaired!!!

Back