Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Coast Intro

Here's mine, collected on Saturday:
View attachment 72114
View attachment 72115
View attachment 72116

On the whole I am really pleased with it. The 150PS seems enough for now and the ride is comfortable on motorways and dual carriageways. Having lived with it for a few days, country roads leave me a little sea sick and roundabouts leave me a little unnerved. The 16" wheels will have to go (for me) they are too puny, I think extra tyre width is needed to as traction isn't what it could be, the 30mm lowering springs will also be a must for me to. Everything else is 1st class. I appreciate that these mod's wouldn't be wanted by many, but for me they are important to make it a daily driver.
Looks great, congratulations on your new van. I see you are a VIP member, did you use the checklist on here for collection ? I'm hoping for one modified for a Coast :)

Hey folks lets see some photos of these lovely brand spanker Coasts when they arrive. Mine is due later this month. It is now “shipped” and I’m waiting patiently for the video walkaround before delivery from LVC.

Ascot Grey
Privacy glass
Reversing Camera
Comfort mattress
Panoramic bellows

Adding some bling myself from Vanstyle. My own tailormade “chromepack”. Wheels are 16” Claytons. They are nice enough and go round just like the big ones do. Bought some nice carpets from Campervancarpets. Ridge monkey cos everyone says how great they are.
I will post some photos when I can. Probably put them in the media section. Hope you all enjoy your vans when they arrive.
Mine must be arriving with yours .
Are you doing click and collect? I’m a bit worried about getting a fine travelling up (I live quite a distance).

Good point on the rug, I was looking at the tailored (around the tracks) carpets but they are expensive and I didn't even look if they were washable. Let us know what you find.
Still waiting for Dunelm delivery of rug but the portapotti arrived yesterday

Mine must be arriving with yours .
Are you doing click and collect? I’m a bit worried about getting a fine travelling up (I live quite a distance).
No. I don’t think it is permissable to travel for that reason I may be wrong.Mine is being delivered. I have no means of getting to Liverpool from York by road and I’m not using public transport. Are you using Liverpool Van Centre?

Yes Liverpool Van Centre. I'm happy to travel by train but agree I don't think it is permissible. May I ask how much they are charging for delivery or are they covering the costs? Thanks.

Yes Liverpool Van Centre. I'm happy to travel by train but agree I don't think it is permissible. May I ask how much they are charging for delivery or are they covering the costs? Thanks.
They are covering delivery costs. Not heard from them for a few days but I have been informed that status is now “shipped” so I am waiting for my video tour of the van and then delivery. Then my next job after delivery will be to open all the windows and give it a good airing and then get my disinfectant spray out. Bonkers! But better than the alternative I suppose.

Last edited:
Mine is due end of week. I will ask them to deliver, its deffo not permissible to travel and collect.

gas arrived today from Chorley, wind deflectors en route, everything else is in the loft.

Still not buying into the porta-potty mindset. Will probs change our minds, we'll see.

Mine is due end of week. I will ask them to deliver, its deffo not permissible to travel and collect.

gas arrived today from Chorley, wind deflectors en route, everything else is in the loft.

Still not buying into the porta-potty mindset. Will probs change our minds, we'll see.
Great news! Which wind deflectors did you go for?
Ascot grey? Be great to see some pics...mine is due in April.

Looks great, congratulations on your new van. I see you are a VIP member, did you use the checklist on here for collection ? I'm hoping for one modified for a Coast :)
Thank you! I did indeed use the checklist, (the short version) it was very helpful. The only things not on the Coast that were on the list were Mosquito screens (not on mine anyway), Strap kit for roof emergency (not needed) and service book (now obsolete). A couple of things that were not on the list but worth checking for are the torch that fits in the cig lighter and the Flexi light that goes upstairs, oh and of course the locking Wheel nut.

They are covering delivery costs. Not heard from them for a few days but I have been informed that status is now “shipped” so I am waiting for my video tour of the van and then delivery. Then my next job after delivery will be to open all the windows and give it a good airing and then get my disinfectant spray out. Bonkers! But better than the alternative I suppose.
Thanks for the info; I will push for delivery too. Yes mine the same status as yours.

Thanks for the info; I will push for delivery too. Yes mine the same status as yours.
Bit nosy. What spec/colour. When delivered I’ll show you mine if you show me yours

Bit nosy. What spec/colour. When delivered I’ll show you mine if you show me yours
Not nosy at all! I have ordered the Coast Ascot Grey with zero add ons. Not even the mattress topper/larger fuel tank nor the privacy glass. I don’t think I will live to regret it. I will absolutely show you mine and looking forward to seeing yours!

Not nosy at all! I have ordered the Coast Ascot Grey with zero add ons. Not even the mattress topper/larger fuel tank nor the privacy glass. I don’t think I will live to regret it. I will absolutely show you mine and looking forward to seeing yours!
I don’t think it is really necessary to spec it with all the options. Although I have gone for Panoramic window in the bellows. Comfort mattress because I sleep downstairs with my dog and some form of cushioning is required. Privacy glass and rev. camera but that’s it. Ascot grey colour also. Quite popular colour I think. I had a 2010 SE with electric roof and electric sliding door. I prefer manual. Far easier. The electric door was terrible. Noisy,heavy,unreliable,battery drain. I tried someones manual door and it was lovely. So rhere we are.

I don’t think it is really necessary to spec it with all the options. Although I have gone for Panoramic window in the bellows. Comfort mattress because I sleep downstairs with my dog and some form of cushioning is required. Privacy glass and rev. camera but that’s it. Ascot grey colour also. Quite popular colour I think. I had a 2010 SE with electric roof and electric sliding door. I prefer manual. Far easier. The electric door was terrible. Noisy,heavy,unreliable,battery drain. I tried someones manual door and it was lovely. So rhere we are.
Sounds great! I’ve bought a Silentnight mattress topper and if it’s inadequate will invest a recommended one from this forum. I didn’t want an electric roof either.

Due to have top half wrap in white, plus white moondiscus alloys on from my old 6.1 Beach so not looking its best. Yet. I will remove the "coast" plus the California badging from the rear and the chrome eye lashes so it'll look different...excited to see if 4 motion worthwhile as not driven yet..still in Germany

688140b1-2e0d-44c1-83c1-3fa41c22486d.jpg

My coast 4 motion spec, options were less than the discount

T6.1 Cali Coast DSG 4Motion 110kW
EUR 0 kirschrot / Red colour is free.
EUR 0 Both front seats swivel/ turn round
EUR 236 Extra front window in canvas, so 3 windows in pop top / basaltgrey
EUR 469 Wood floor
EUR 1.538 Auxiliary heater ( no remote needed)
EUR 0 Cruise control
EUR 0 Plug in 230v
EUR 274 Comfort mattress
EUR 65 80L tank
EUR 581 Cheapest parking option with front and rear sensors
EUR 257 rear camera
EUR 37 Rubber front mats
EUR 878 Komfortpaket Climatronic
EUR 0 Sitzbezüge in "Mixed Dots"
EUR 693 Akustik-Paket
-------------------------------------------------------
EUR 52.960