Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali configurater

T

tritone30

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,

Does any one know of a Cali Configurator, i am finding the brochure a bit confusing.

Tone

i am finding the brochure a bit confusing.
You are not wrong there. Not sure about a configurator but if you read up on the T6 section of this site a lot has been discussed re options and what they mean, should help a lot. :thumb

Hi All,

Does any one know of a Cali Configurator, i am finding the brochure a bit confusing.

Tone
Not in the UK I'm afraid. You are in the fortunate position that there are answers to most issues re the options on here. If you can't figure one out just ask here or your dealer if you are confident in them. Some of the technical options can get a bit anal and the glass options complicated. Between this board my research and the dealer I git there in the end. Better to ask a daft question that get it wrong. Good Luck

You are not wrong there. Not sure about a configurator but if you read up on the T6 section of this site a lot has been discussed re options and what they mean, should help a lot. :thumb
T
Not in the UK I'm afraid. You are in the fortunate position that there are answers to most issues re the options on here. If you can't figure one out just ask here or your dealer if you are confident in them. Some of the technical options can get a bit anal and the glass options complicated. Between this board my research and the dealer I git there in the end. Better to ask a daft question that get it wrong. Good Luck
Thanks, On the accessories list under Heating and Ventilation, there is a Water Auxilliary Heater for the California, at about £804. My dealer tells me that this is used to warm the engine to its correct operating temperature before driving off! I thought it might be used to warm the van interior.

T

Thanks, On the accessories list under Heating and Ventilation, there is a Water Auxilliary Heater for the California, at about £804. My dealer tells me that this is used to warm the engine to its correct operating temperature before driving off! I thought it might be used to warm the van interior.

Ocean has all the heating extras installed as standard, Beach has none...

Auxiliary heater is a booster heater for coolant water to heat up engine more quickly and kicks in below 5 degrees.

Parking heater is the inside heater - but there are two types!
1) Uses residual heat from engine coolant
2) Air heater powered by burning diesel which is not reliant on engine heat

Option 1 is the £804 extra for the Beach and includes the engine warmer, but if you want overnight heating, the diesel burners are a must - but they come at a price...

The Ocean has Both the engine warmer and a diesel burner (with remote) as standard.

We've ordered a Beach, and have bitten into the savings to put the same heater package in as the Ocean.

Sounds like you are looking at the Beach. Less idea on those.

Ocean has all the heating extras installed as standard, Beach has none...

Auxiliary heater is a booster heater for coolant water to heat up engine more quickly and kicks in below 5 degrees.

Parking heater is the inside heater - but there are two types!
1) Uses residual heat from engine coolant
2) Air heater powered by burning diesel which is not reliant on engine heat

Option 1 is the £804 extra for the Beach and includes the engine warmer, but if you want overnight heating, the diesel burners are a must - but they come at a price...

The Ocean has Both the engine warmer and a diesel burner (with remote) as standard.

We've ordered a Beach, and have bitten into the savings to put the same heater package in as the Ocean.
Thanks for clearing that up, we have just had a look at the pennys and decided to go for the diesel heater as you suggested. Many thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up, we have just had a look at the pennys and decided to go for the diesel heater as you suggested. Many thanks.
I made the same choice, comfort now (or at least when it's ready :() but also knowing that it is also a good selling feature for later...

I have to say my dealer gave me the information on the heater choices when I went on an initial exploratory visit with my list of questions. There is clearly a variety of knowledge from VW dealers on Californias - I dropped on a knowledgeable one purely because it was just off the M6 at Preston en route to my son's uni. I bypassed the local VW commercial dealer as it was clear, from a previous visit, they just sold vans, and the occasional van with seats in the back...

Last edited:
Also be careful as the UK options are different

The option may be, but a lot of them are the same. If you process the Konfigurator URL (sic) using Google Chrome then it will translate all or most of the options and explain what they are and how they interact.

That's the old price shown, it will all change in the 1st June

Just tried the configurator it seems like a beta version of the car configurator, definitely needs more work but at least it is a start.

I tried it too out of interest using my options. It is a good start. It doesn't have 9IF WLAN option or at least I couldn't see it and it didn't give the total cost. Also an 80 litre tank is an option?

Dear God !!
Comfort seats are still an option in there..........:talktothehand

Nice configurator though...

It's a start but there are stacks of options that are not there. I tried to configure my Cali and couldn't get close. I haven't compared it with the brochure but the lights, glass and driver (ACC etc)options are all missing - unless I'm missing something.

Back