Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portugal new anti-cali rules!

benmac

benmac

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,

With the new rules stopping free camping in Portugal does anyone have experience about campsites, parks etc where it will be legal to stay?

The rules are quite confusing and I am not even sure if I am allowed to park my cali in a paid parking at the beach and pop the roof and have a coffee! Also the rules specify motorhomes but does this include campervans?

Anyway would love to hear what you all think about this so anyone with insight please feel free to chime in.

Thank you

Ben

I remember talking to someone who was parked up in Portugal a few years ago and he said it was getting more and more difficult to find somewhere free to park up over night. They have a completely different attitude to France and Spain where they actually want you to stay on the Aires free to bring revenue into their villages. So the choices are very limited in Portugal you either pay to stay on a campsite or stick to countries that actually cater for free overnight parking. It’s a long way to travel but there’s 7 million square kilometres of free parking and overnight stays in Australia...