Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Cozy for Beach fitted

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
Just had a go at fitting the cali cozy from Nick at Comfortz. Great guy to deal with and some great advice received over the telephone. Had to guess a little as the instructions are for the SE which differs slightly but probably should have just bothered Nick with another call!

The top edge is really easy to fit and follow. Comes with loads of adhesive velcro which is easy to work with. I puzzled a bit over the best way to fit the rear corners as there is quite a lot of fabric but got there in the end.

Here are a few photos. What struck me is how much light the cozy blocked out which for us is a good thing with young children. Looking forward to testing it out this weekend for some chilly nights away.

Our roof is pretty stiff to close so I worried about the extra fabric making it really hard to close the catches but it was so much easier than I expected, just needs a little more time and care when closing the catches and sliding hatch as there is extra fabric to tuck in but so much easier than the silver external thermal cover we were using. I'm am so pleased to have 1 less thing to pack when we go away and no more having to put a silver wrap on in the pouring rain!

Fits to thin velcro strip across rear..
upload_2016-4-28_15-37-52.png

2 velcro tabs slip between headlining for rear corners to fix onto.....
upload_2016-4-28_15-38-33.png

Bellows velcro slides into bellows supports....
upload_2016-4-28_15-39-1.png

Elastic ties for the safety net clips.....
upload_2016-4-28_15-39-38.png

I followed the natural ridge on the front plastic panel to make sure I got a straight line that seemed to be in the right place!
upload_2016-4-28_15-40-47.png

Found I didn't need as much velcro length but should have fitted it to more of a curve so added another piece of velcro to get a tighter fit on the corner....
upload_2016-4-28_15-42-1.png

still a bit of slack for ventilation and to help air escape when closing the roof....
upload_2016-4-28_15-42-49.png

Found the lower edge velcro a little more tricky to fit but got there in the end. Still a few wrinkles so I will tweak it a bit when I have time. Took me a couple of hours to fit.
upload_2016-4-28_15-44-7.png

Great that we can still use the windows!
upload_2016-4-28_15-45-28.png

I will report back once I have tried it out this weekend.upload_2016-4-28_15-37-52.png upload_2016-4-28_15-38-33.png upload_2016-4-28_15-39-1.png upload_2016-4-28_15-39-38.png upload_2016-4-28_15-40-47.png upload_2016-4-28_15-42-1.png upload_2016-4-28_15-42-49.png upload_2016-4-28_15-44-7.png upload_2016-4-28_15-45-28.png

Looks good. Your front fit is better than mine.

Yes that's it, the cosy makes there's one thing less to worry about when packing or setting up camp, it's just there and you forget about it.
I was impressed with the temperature difference the first time I used it, you'll like it.

Wow. Bellissimo! Very similar to the brandrup isotop i had in my previous t4 California. I wrote to Nick for the order but NO ANSWER. he's busy, i guess.
I want/need it.
Ciao
Ignazio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Wow. Bellissimo! Very similar to the brandrup isotop i had in my previous t4 California. I wrote to Nick for the order but NO ANSWER. he's busy, i guess.
I want/need it.
Ciao
Ignazio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sorry about that I must have missed that one! :headbang I've got a bit of a waiting list for the Cozys at the moment. We didn't expect them to be quite as popular as they are to be honest. I think the transparency of the new T6 fabric have pushed a few extra people down this route :thumb. We're in the process of trying to scale up a little, particularly around the cali-cozy, so I'm afraid there's a bit of a waiting time at the moment folks. But happy to put people on the waiting list and we'll get them out as quick as possible.

Fab pictures by the way :thumb

Sorry about that I must have missed that one! :headbang I've got a bit of a waiting list for the Cozys at the moment. We didn't expect them to be quite as popular as they are to be honest. I think the transparency of the new T6 fabric have pushed a few extra people down this route :thumb. We're in the process of trying to scale up a little, particularly around the cali-cozy, so I'm afraid there's a bit of a waiting time at the moment folks. But happy to put people on the waiting list and we'll get them out as quick as possible.
Hi nick
will we have ours for June meet pick up?
Thanks

Ok Nick, Thanks. I'm Happy for you, and your business!
So can I consider me on the waiting list, or do you need a formal order?
Wait for more info.
Thanks anyway.
Ignazio

would you mind just dropping me a mail to comforzleisure@aol.com please I have a 'Cali-Cozy' folder! Its hard to keep track of messages and order through the forum :thumb

Hi nick
will we have ours for June meet pick up?
Thanks

Sods law....took 5 to the last meet and brought them all back :)
Of course but again pop me an email though - you'll go in my Tewksbury folder lol.

Hard to keep track at the moment :headbang

Looks a bit different from the one on our SE, which is one of the earliest versions. Ours doesn't have the Velcro strips along the ceiling.

Looks a bit different from the one on our SE, which is one of the earliest versions. Ours doesn't have the Velcro strips along the ceiling.
That's one of the differences with the Beach design as the Beach has a plastic panel at the front so no headlining there to slot the velcro tabs into.

Good write up & pics :thumb

So I'm the guilty party who hasn't posted pics of a cali cozy in a T6 (having been given a discount :oops:)- purely because I haven't got it fitting smoothly as I am not the most patient of people. However (I've probably already posted this so boring a few) even with my bad fitting due to lack of patience the reduction in noise and light is phenomenal.
Oh and if you're talking Cali Topper - I didn't order one. No - I had one from elsewhere and was struggling to fix it as I don't have an awning. Ye ho - Nick sent me parts... (I owe you beers / wine at Sherwood).
And my opinion of the service from Nick at Comfortz...
Who goes anywhere else????

Sods law....took 5 to the last meet and brought them all back :)
Of course but again pop me an email though - you'll go in my Tewksbury folder lol.

Hard to keep track at the moment :headbang
Email sent :) but bounced back :( I'll pm you on here.

Last edited:
Looks like we now have a silver roof wrap for sale!

So impressed with the difference having the cali cozy fitted. The children are still snoring soundly as there's only the tiniest bit of light leaking in near the vents. I popped my head in a few times last night as it was pretty chilly and there was barely a difference in temperature whereas before, even with the silver wrap fitted it was so draughty I felt guilty letting the children sleep up top.

It feels so cosy up there and has really helped retain the heat. We would usually have the heater on all evening but other than a quick blast for 20 minutes whilst we got the children ready for bed, we didn't put the heater on again until 10pm last night.

When we arrived on site it was pretty windy but there was minimal draft coming in so really glad we have it now. Looking forward to testing it out in hot weather too when we head to Italy this summer.

Used the cali cozy again this week with really really heavy gusts of wind. Probably the windiest we've camped in the california beach so far. We camped with my parents in their SE and they don't have a cali cozy fitted and their Van was so much cooler.

The cozy was flapping frantically in the wind but the draft was kept out of the roof space itself & heat was retained. We spent the evening with the heater on setting 1 and slept with no heating on whereas my parents taped up their roof vents, had their heater on setting 3 in the evening and slept with the heater on 1 bar all night. When I put my head in their roof it was noticeably airy and cooler but there was barely any noticeable difference in temperature in our roof space. Really pleased we went with the cali cozy option.

thanks for going to the trouble of posting that @cleve - very interesting ta.

having slept in my T6 Beach a bit now I'd like something to make it a bit darker up top, the fabric is very nice looking but does let in a lot of light! I prefer to sleep downstairs, so I've now taken to pulling down the (empty!) upstairs bed which is a bit daft ...

Can I confirm with you that this is fitted full-time and you can pull the roof down and drive without removing it please? - I get the impression you can, just want to check you think that works okay please.

Yes it stays in situ all the time & you don't have to remove it to close the roof. It's great at blocking out the light, wind & rain. I don't think you'd be disappointed

Yes it stays in situ all the time & you don't have to remove it to close the roof. It's great at blocking out the light, wind & rain. I don't think you'd be disappointed

Many thanks!

Added to the shopping list then (after a Webasto heater & bike rack) - I saw in another thread someone else is operating the same one-in-one-out eBay sales funded policy! :D

hi all.
just to say I received my Cali Cozy Beach, last week. thanks Nick!
I'm not sure, but maybe is the first in Italy.....don't know.
Anyway, it took me a little time to set up (only SE instructions), I still didn't fit the velcro on some rear side and the sides, because i wanted to try.
and we tried, for the first time, the Cali Beach (102 cv, 2012) in 5, and the Cali Cozy simoultanesly (correct..?): well: perfect night upestairs: the girls (5 and 2 years old) slept very well until 8.30 pm. no cold. no light. the weather was almost hot during the day and wet and sultry in the evening and night. downstairs we need some more air ventilation.
anyway the cali cozy is perfect, and aa very well made product just a little bit of care when making the bed and careful when close the roof (hard, with the kids net, easier without).
useful calicozy, for now. we'll see in the future.
ciao!
ignazio

Does anyone know when these are due back in stock?

Hi Folks,
Just to answer a few questions on the Cali-Cozy. Firstly we totally underestimated the demand for these! We generally manufacture a batch when we get any downtime from other products so its hard to give exact dates as to when they'll be come available (particularly at this time of year), but we do have a waiting list and I'm happy to pop anyone's name on there and we'll dispatch the Cozys as we work through them :thumb

We're in the process of recruiting more staff and I will have some dedicated resource on Cozy's in the future but its not something that you can teach someone overnight it takes months of training to get to that level.

So in answer to the question - the Cozys will trickle out through the summer and as the winter approaches we'll be able to put some focus on them and send them out in bigger volumes ;)

Can I have one please for my Beach..

We got one and I am trying to fit it using the YouTube instructions. Are there any other instructions available to help fit it?

Back