Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dimensions

I may be missing something but our mirrors come out again when the engine is started. Can't see how the van can be moved with the mirrors folded.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
But Im sure they can be retracted again whilst the engine is running by using the knob near the window switches on the drivers side ?

But Im sure they can be retracted again whilst the engine is running by using the knob near the window switches on the drivers side ?
That is correct. The Issue may come if it is a very tight width relying on the mirrors to stay folded in as they automatically unfold when you start the engine.

That is correct. The Issue may come if it is a very tight width relying on the mirrors to stay folded in as they automatically unfold when you start the engine.
I see what you are saying, although once through the garage door opening the garage opens out so shouldn't be a problem but maybe mindful for others, although if the garage was that narrow im not sure how anyone would get out and squeeze down the gap to exit the garage on foot?

I have a similar issue with my garage. I've just measured it. Placing a ruler against the door frame it sticks out 21cm with the mirror folded up. I have to fold them to get it in. I ask my wife to ensure I'm central. I haven't run her over yet. She has also made some nice ear warmers from some old leather to ensure there are no scrapes they are very useful.
I have mounted 2 large mirrors on back wall of garage, to show the vehicle's position before entry.

I’m sure that is something that could be set in Carissa. My T5.1 Mirrors only folded/ unfolded using the knob on the door.

I’m sure that is something that could be set in Carissa. My T5.1 Mirrors only folded/ unfolded using the knob on the door.
On the 6.1 you can also use the knob on the drivers door. If you leave it in the ‘folded‘ position, they stay folded.

That’s a good idea I will have to try that.
Or you can hang 2 tennisballs with ropes from the ceiling and drive in between them. People sometimes hang a tennisball from garage ceiling that touches windscreen when car is about the hit back wall when parking sensors did not yet exist.