Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dimensions inside the Beach

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Anybody has an image with basic dimensions for the interior?
Most importantly I'd like to know the height under rear shelf for the 2 seat version. (It might be same as Ocean?)
Depth of that shelf.
Width between the seat and left wall where the fridge goes over the storage box. And distance from storage box to left seat back.

If no one else reacts i can mesure the height of the shelf ( 2 positions) on my SE but i think it is diffrent on a Beach

Height under the shelf is 33cm. This also includes clearance for a support bar that's under there.
Max depth of the board is 80cm.
Not 100% sure what you want for the next 2 dimensions but if it's the gap between seat and side trim its 36cm at shelf level and 40cm around window level. Guessing your trying to work out if a fridge can sit on or under the shelf/storage pod?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well the fridge is definitely going on the storage box and seems it sits just fine with that width. The problem is I need a 2nd freezer which most probably will go under the back shelf. Wonder if there are easy ways to slightly raise the shelf without heavy modifications. Like adding some rails below the shelf legs. Not worried about height difference with the unfolded seats. 33 is extremely low, should be at least 40.

If your not worried about the lower bed height difference then the easiest option to gain more height under the multiflex board would be to put a 3 seater bench multiflex in. Either an official VW one (lots of $$$$) or you can get the side support struts on ebay for €90 . Cant give you a link at the moment as ebay is a blocked site at work but if you search for "Multiflex T5" it finds a few options.

One more request. What it the length of a storage box from the shelf to the opening hatch?
I mean I want to be able to open the storage box when the fridge is sitting on it, not covering the hatch. Is it possible? I'm afraid that part of a fridge will have to sit on a shelf.

Storage box is at home at the moment so wont be able to measure until this evening. I suspect you are correct and part of the fridge will either have to sit on the shelf or overlap the opening flap of the storage box. What you might be able to do is make a smaller opening flap on the storage box to give a longer fixed area to put the fridge on. Its just a piece of hinged ply with easily available catch and couple of gas struts.

That's a good idea. Or to remove that cap altogether and make a sliding one. I've seen those higher legs for the back shelf on ebay. Think could be possible to just raise the existing one adding custom metal bars under it.

Measured the top of the storage box and this is what I've found:
Overall length is 116cm
Fixed portion = 53.5cm
Opening portion = 58cm
The 4.5cm difference is because the sides extend past the top is for a couple of cm each end.

Raising the rear board by putting a bar under the existing legs would be possible but will need to think how to cope with the T fixings that bolt the leg brackets to the floor rails. They don't have any free height adjustment in them. If you do go this way then change the position of the T bolt on the right slightly. Some genius at VW decided to put it directly in front of the 12V socket meaning most plugs can't be inserted into the socket.

Back