Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali dog cage

P

Paul

VIP Member
Hi Cali dog owners

I've been looking around for a good solution to carrying my two Cockers in the Cali.

Before I made a purchase I tried a dog cage I had in the shed left over from when I drove a Range Rover Sport a few years ago (its been too big to fit in subseqent cars)

Anyway, Im glad I did, It fits like a glove on the top shelf of the Cali boot. I would say that it could be considered made to measure! I'll take some pics next time out.

Added adavantage of being a removable, secure and very sturdy campsite dog kennel when used under a tent or awning. Its plenty big enough for two medium or one large mutt and can be jet washed as required,

The one disadvantage is having to pysically lift 2 wriggling and usually wet, muddy and smelly hounds onboard.

Its made by a firm called Lintran (model DB11) probably expensive, I aint checked the current prices.

Just though Id pass the info on, I have no connection with Lintran in anyway, shape or form. But very happy to have a clean, scratch free Cali :D

Best

P

Finally figured out how to post images. Here is the cage above in situ

Best

Paul

[album]444[/album]

Jock, thats weird can see it on my screen! OK, I give up, there is a photo of it in my album :)

I can see the picture on my ipad.
Just wondering if on a very sunny day dogs might suffer.

I am always worrying when I have to carry the dogs in the boot. I friend of mine had an accident while on his Golf; a van hit the car from the back, passengers had no damage at all, but the boot "imploded".
(there were no dogs in there)

Since that day I always carry the dogs on the backseat, and I think I'll do the same when I'll get my Cali.

:hello

I have a large labradoodle and two jack Russell's, for safety and comfort when in the Cali they all get in the cage which sits in the kitchen area,they are comfortable and can see us, and are much happier than in the rear, when you stop it is safer to let them out, on an overnight stop they stay outside either in the cage or a small utility tent, the cage has a waterproof cover for this a bit like a van arrack ! It's easy to lift in and out and works for me! Kind regards. Bill Candy Cal :hello

My dogs just love to own the bed ! I traval over 1000km on the motorway with them snoring in the back... I guess I should find some way to secure them for the safety of all of us : I thought of buying one of the soft dog tents and fixing it, what do you think ? any ideas?

calidogs.png

Our Vizsla (named : Mieke ) sits on the back seat wearing a harnas and and attached to the seatbelt , al CE - approofd
Beware that if a accidend at high speed hapens ( something hopefully none of us ever will have ) , a dog driving along in the car , probilly will not survive anyway , in a bench or harnass the impact is just to big for an animal.
But a dog that sits loose at the back whilst a accident will become a dangerous projectile hitting hard in the back of the driver and co- pilote!
Check out howcute she is.... :p

image.jpg

Sorry - moved - old thread!

Maud :embarrased