Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali dog loons

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Parked next to a 58 reg silver Cali in Rock, Cornwall - expected to say hi but out popped a VERY over pampered little white dog thing, then it's OWN trolley/buggy and accessories. And a couple that looked very keen to avoid any human contact. We kept schtum and stared in mild disbelief.

We love our dog to bits but it's JUST A DOG. When a whole life revolves around a dog (or two or more) I just can't quite understand it.

I honestly think 10% or more of dog owners are completely mad.

I agree entirely......as for those silly people that say their 'pets' are their substitutes for having real 'human' children......it makes me laugh......

I'll be leaving out this morning for a week in the Dales,will be taking my terrier with me.
I take her everywhere with me,apart from when I go abroad
I go out my way not to pamper her even though I could quite easily do so.
My biggest gripe is when we're on a camp site and walking pass the occasional dogs that wants to have a ruck,then the owner comes on to the scene making more noise than the dog trying to quieting it :eek:

V.Mildew........ :x

Each to their own, this is a Cali forum, lets talk Calis.

I agree Paul, each to their own :clap

I don't mind admitting that my girls are my babies and the centre of my world (I'm happy to be one of those 'silly people' Berndros :lol: ). I will never have human children of my own but all of that love is taken and returned a thousand times over by my dogs - I would honestly put my life on the line for them and believe that they would do the same for me, and so cannot see that it is so strange to say they are as important to me as human children would be. They are not dressed up (apart from the walking boots that one has due to soft pads), carried in dog-bags (much too big anyway!) or pushed in pushchairs though - but if others choose to do so, I can't see that it should affect anyone else as long as the dog is happy. I don't mind that people think I'm a little crazy though - I know that to be true anyway :upsidedown I can understand why some people don't like dogs or can't comprehend the level of attachment that some people feel towards them but don't think it's something worth judging others or arguing about. Live and let live I say :D

Hi Martin, yes, paid my deposit, just twiddling my thumbs till delivery date Sept/oct then I will be a smurf. ( Westfalia ) miss the Cali though. I will posts some pics on the big day, really looking forward to it. Regards Paul. :D

then I will be a smurf. ( Westfalia )

I spot a wise man. Look forward to hearing a review when it arrives, from someone who has owned both.

Paul1 said:
Hi Martin, yes, paid my deposit, just twiddling my thumbs till delivery date Sept/oct then I will be a smurf. ( Westfalia ) miss the Cali though. I will posts some pics on the big day, really looking forward to it. Regards Paul. :D
If the build is as good as my Westfalia you wont be disappointed
Ron.

Back