Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dogs

alan middleton

alan middleton

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Sadness has descended upon our home. Our beloved Thandi is in end stage liver failure. She went off her food 3 weeks ago, but was otherwise quite well until a few days ago. Today we’re saying our tear filled goodbyes.
If the lurgy ever lets us go camping again, I will miss waking in the morning pinned up against the side by a spread eagle Labrador who snuck onto the bed during the night.
I figured those who venture onto this thread will understand.
We have had so many great trips in the Cali over the years and no doubt in time they’ll become fond memories.EDB272C9-1D61-402C-9E1D-5B7792BA810C.jpeg

L

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Awh, can totally relate to what you are going through, it's heartbreaking, sleep well little Thandi x

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Sadness has descended upon our home. Our beloved Thandi is in end stage liver failure. She went off her food 3 weeks ago, but was otherwise quite well until a few days ago. Today we’re saying our tear filled goodbyes.
If the lurgy ever lets us go camping again, I will miss waking in the morning pinned up against the side by a spread eagle Labrador who snuck onto the bed during the night.
We have had so many great trips in the Cali over the years and no doubt in time they’ll become fond memories.View attachment 68794
[/QUOTE
So very sorry to hear this it’s heartbreaking to lose a much loved dog. Yes in time you will be able to fondly recall your adventures but right now the total sadness just engulfs you. She looks a beautiful girl how old?

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Remember them.
For they have wings to fly now.
And though they are free, they never leave your heart.
For they are bound to you, even unto death, by a golden thread called love that will never break.

Sleep well, fly high Thandi.

alan middleton

alan middleton

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Yes, a truly beautiful girl. She was 12 in June. Still a puppy at heart though. All so sudden. I’m not ready for this.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Yes, a truly beautiful girl. She was 12 in June. Still a puppy at heart though. All so sudden. I’m not ready for this.
She’ll never be gone from your heart. The pain will lessen over time but a bit of her will always be with you.

alan middleton

alan middleton

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thanks to you all for your thoughts and kind words.

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have had so many great trips in the Cali over the years and no doubt in time they’ll become fond memories.View attachment 68794
So Heart breaking so sorry for you guys

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

forum co ordinator
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

My thoughts and love go with you. Such a desperately sad time.

Jen xx

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
View attachment 68847
Rupert, our 11 week Cockerpoo, will be having trips out in the camper van when he has finished wrecking the house:(:D
Butter wouldn’t melt!

View attachment 68847
Rupert, our 11 week Cockerpoo, will be having trips out in the camper van when he has finished wrecking the house:(:D
When we first got our Barney he was tinkling all over the carpets! On our first trip we took our vax and shampoo to clean up his “accidents”. But he was brilliant. Because we were all so close it was easy to keep an eye on him. It was a turning point as we could praise him every time he went to the door.

D

Defender90

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
So sorry ,we lost our boxer dog Alfie in may it was the hardest time ever people don’t understand the impact a dog can have on you and your family.But things do get better but you will never forget the time you had which is so short.

VW California Club