Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Roof Bars ?

John

John

VIP Member
I am looking at roof bars for my Cali but I am some what put off by the price of VW California roof bars.

Are there any alternatives ?

For example after market or what about ordinary VW T5 bars, do they fit the Cali, as they are many on line at a fraction of the cost of VW California roof bars.

Thanks Martin yes I saw them last night. I just want to see if there are any other options to the VW California roof bars.

I have the Thule ones - partly because I have their bike carriers too and wanted a perfect fit.

They look fairly smart and were about £150 I think. Only pic I have with them on is this:

P1010763.jpg

Hi -

I've just bought and fit the Thule bars, look like they really belong there, I opted for the square bars instead of the aero, I have a Keritek system and was advised that the cross sections would be a better fit! cost was £125.00 - very easy to take on and off, locks included - use a bike rack for bikes, much easier(but expensive).

Kev

Kev, Any chance of a photo so i can see what you have?

thanks
Mark

Hi Mark

I took them off yesterday, travelling upto Scottish Borders this morning with bike on the back, didn't want the bars whistling up the M6! I'll be back on Tuesday and I'll attempt to post pics then or e-mail you them and you can post,

Details are Toys4Cars ltd - 1 x thule roof bars VW California (751 - 769 -3034)
£125.55
£2.79P&P 48 hour courier(came next day)

cheers

Kev

kevinhaley1952 said:
Hi -

I've just bought and fit the Thule bars, look like they really belong there, I opted for the square bars instead of the aero, I have a Keritek system and was advised that the cross sections would be a better fit! cost was £125.00 - very easy to take on and off, locks included - use a bike rack for bikes, much easier(but expensive).

Kev

Thanks Kev that sounds a lot more reasonable cost wise. I am also looking at the Keritek system as a means of getting a 16' open canoe onto the roof without doing any damage to myself or the Cali. :D

For anyone who also is looking for a soluction to carrying bikes or Canoes on there Cali roof here is the link. :grin:

http://www.karitek.co.uk/ELRRIntroMulti.html

High lift System.

http://www.karitek.co.uk/ELRRHiLift1.html

RGS John

Our solution for our Dagger Blackwater:

259l.jpg

Mostly because the Fal river is about 40 yards away ;) :thumb

Silverfox said:
Hi Mark

I took them off yesterday, travelling upto Scottish Borders this morning with bike on the back, didn't want the bars whistling up the M6! I'll be back on Tuesday and I'll attempt to post pics then or e-mail you them and you can post,

Details are Toys4Cars ltd - 1 x thule roof bars VW California (751 - 769 -3034)
£125.55
£2.79P&P 48 hour courier(came next day)

cheers

Kev

Thanks that would be great...