Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

cali shower

Looks very clever! What make is the water heater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water pressure is provided by the shower already built in this california but many camping sites have tap water on the site

I must say this looks nice. Very nifty. Especially hanging the water heater from the side of the van. And if you are serious about creating a hot shower, this is a really nice solution. My compliments! For me personally it would all be too much trouble to bring it along, get it out, set it up, and pack it away. I'd choose to just hookup the hose to the fresh water tap and shower cold.

I think water pressure would work from the tap with the screw fitting attachment. I looked on amazon and found one for 159 that looks good. I might invest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Simon T' had one of these for sale on the forum for £100 a few months ago:

This thing works pretty well - nowhere near as sophisticated, but I've used this loads of times and it's absolutely adequate for a warm wash. It's amazing at how effective the sun can be even on an overcast day. At c. £5 it's a bargain.

go_303844_a.jpg

Looks good. Few questions
How do you fill it up?

You wouldn't be able to drive with it on would you?

How did you fix it to the van?
Hi, it is fixed to the awning rails, by 6mm coach bolts. It is standard square gutter down pipe. There is a cap glued in the top at the front, for filling.
It is slightly angled downwards towards the back. At the back is a fitting that is used to get water into a water but.
When I stuck a tap there, it left residual in the pipe, where as the outlet on this is flush, so all water comes out. It holds 12 1/2 litres, which is enough for us, I use 4 litres, and Gill uses 4 for her body, but needs another four to rinse all her lovely hair.
I have sanded it so it is Matt, but will paint it Matt black, as this absorbs heat better.
Yesterday , I think it got to 13 degrees outside by lunchtime, and I had a warm shower...should have measured the temp, but it was comfortable. Using the black bag sort in Spain last year, we got water to hot to use!!....
and yes , we can drive with it full. That’s the whole idea.
It is no higher than the awning, and so under 2 meters for the barriers...the hose is the one that came with the Cali shower, it has a on off on the head, which is important, and it fits perfectly inside the small piece of hose attached thé the water butt tap.
we have a little loo and shower tent that we put under the tailgate, if we want privacy, and a small bamboo thingy on the floor , so we are not paddling in mud.
i used the glue plumbers use to join plastic pipe, the pieces together, and then sealed them with an outdoor sealant
there are a few refinements coming up, the painting, domed nuts, a shorter white hose, and I’ve found some slightly flatter attaching bits.
what do you think??

My only worry is the stuck on awning rail , and wether it will hold 13 kg!
ive not seen advice on this....it’s a chance I’ve decided to take....seems ok so far!

My only worry is the stuck on awning rail , and wether it will hold 13 kg!
ive not seen advice on this....it’s a chance I’ve decided to take....seems ok so far!
I like it but i don't think i could get TÜV approval to drive with a SCUD launcher :)
I would have to go for a shorter round 110mm pipe so that i can deploy it when
on site.
Great for festivals and out off the beaten track :thumb

What is the outlet fitting? What stops the water coming out until you've
fitted the shower hose?

I chose the square pipe as it struck out less than a round one, and i think, when finished , looks surprisingly like it matches the awning.
it had to be that long to get enough water. I know some people use underground drain pipe, but I think it is way too wide.
on the more finished version there is a Water but tapimage.jpgimage.jpg

This thing works pretty well - nowhere near as sophisticated, but I've used this loads of times and it's absolutely adequate for a warm wash. It's amazing at how effective the sun can be even on an overcast day. At c. £5 it's a bargain.

View attachment 59672
We used one of those with a T3 which had a cavity on the roof above the driver and passenger. It heated beautifully during the day even while driving in Sth America. Just hang in a tree or on the awning when dark! Now we have a T6 there is no where convenient to place it where it will heat while driving.

I bought this one from Decathlon and it works OK. It's not a strong shower, but enough to do the important bits!! The only problem I found was attaching the hose after I had pumped up the pressure. Got wet before I wanted to. Therefore attach hose before pumping. If the pressure drops, pump it up!. Perfect for singing along to Elvis Costello whilst having a shower!

Kampa Geyser good kit.
Complete stand alone system just plug into 12V, hook on gas and drop pump on bucket.
Good power and hot.

Back