Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali T6.1 headlights.

D

Deekay

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Morning all.
A couple of things. When operating the pop up roof at night the ignition must be on. Does anyone know how to prevent the headlights coming on and illuminating the surrounding countryside like and anti aircraft battery? I don't think camping mode covers the headlights when parked?? Also, at night when driving I have tried the headlights in various modes and in all of them I am constantly flashed at by angry motorists annoyed at me blinding them. Am I doing something wrong? I have always checked that I am not on main beam. Thanks.

Could you update your profile please so we know what model van you have?

Camping mode, you need to either tick or untick (cant remember which way round) the box for "external lights"

Thank you. I've overlooked that option I'll go and take a look.

Hi, i seem to be not able to solve this issue with the headlights going on despite camping mode. Any ideas/advice? Thanks a lot, C

Hi, i seem to be not able to solve this issue with the headlights going on despite camping mode. Any ideas/advice? Thanks a lot, C
Your profile says "looking to buy" which makes it hard for people to work out exactly what you've got and what to suggest.

We select Camping Mode, when we remember! Other things we do is set the headlight control to O (off) and deselect the Coming Home and Welcome functions. That combo works for us. Only downside is when returning to the van in the dark on an unlit site you need to remember your torch ;).

As far as i understand it Camping Mode only works for opening and locking the van, but as soon as you turn the ignition on the camping mode is deactivated.
However, you need to turn the ignition on to open the roof or to turn the heating on.
Oh and bye the way I have a T6.1 too, like the original author of this post
Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas

We select Camping Mode, when we remember! Other things we do is set the headlight control to O (off) and deselect the Coming Home and Welcome functions. That combo works for us. Only downside is when returning to the van in the dark on an unlit site you need to remember your torch ;).
I found the coming home and welcome functions in the settings and turned both off, made sure light is off, and activated camping mode, but unfortunately the same as soon as you turn on the ignition headlights are going on

I found the coming home and welcome functions in the settings and turned both off, made sure light is off, and activated camping mode, but unfortunately the same as soon as you turn on the ignition headlights are going on
Sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted to do. No, so far as I know, there is no defeat to the ignition turning on the daytime driving lights (headlamps can be turned as I mentioned). The daytime running lights are a legal requirement in Europe, so even if you go into the settings via an ODB2 dongle you still can’t turn them off. One annoying thing than CAN be disabled with a dongle is the audible tone when the sliding door is opened with the ignition on - which is also something you do when raising or lowering the pop top. This was about our first update we made.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted to do. No, so far as I know, there is no defeat to the ignition turning on the daytime driving lights (headlamps can be turned as I mentioned). The daytime running lights are a legal requirement in Europe, so even if you go into the settings via an ODB2 dongle you still can’t turn them off. One annoying thing than CAN be disabled with a dongle is the audible tone when the sliding door is opened with the ignition on - which is also something you do when raising or lowering the pop top. This was about our first update we made.
Thanks a lot, at least i know now that it‘s not me not being able to figure it out

Back