Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali tyre spec help

D

DebbieO

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi All,

I am in the process of ordering a California Ocean 4M with 18” Palmerston alloy wheels. The dealership has notified me that I am unable to request all weather tyres with the 18” alloy. Can anybody give me feedback on the performance of the 255/45 R18 that comes with the Palmerston? or would you recommend changing to a 17” alloy with all weather tyres.

Many thanks in advance for all your advice, very much appreciated :)

Hi All,

I am in the process of ordering a California Ocean 4M with 18” Palmerston alloy wheels. The dealership has notified me that I am unable to request all weather tyres with the 18” alloy. Can anybody give me feedback on the performance of the 255/45 R18 that comes with the Palmerston? or would you recommend changing to a 17” alloy with all weather tyres.

Many thanks in advance for all your advice, very much appreciated :)
With 17" wheels you can get a Steel spare wheel/tyre. With 18' you get a can of gunk and No spare wheel carrier.
You will find a larger range of tyres for the 17" wheels.

The normal tyre type that VW supply as standard are basically summer tyres. If you plan on using the vehicle outside the summer months then the standard tyres can prove less than suitable on wet campsites etc:.

I would order 17" with the all-weather tyres with the van & get a set of 18" off eBay for about the same as you would have paid for the upgrade.

These comments make perfect sense, knew I could count on some sensible feedback. Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

I would order 17" with the all-weather tyres with the van & get a set of 18" off eBay for about the same as you would have paid for the upgrade.

Why didn’t I think of this?! No brainer really . Thanks

Now the dilemma of which ones to choose?! Do you have any preference?

What would be the better tyre choice, for comfort, out of the 2 available All Weather options....

1. 235/55 103H XL
2. 215/60 C109/107T

I'm pretty sure it's No.1, but just want to make sure....

What would be the better tyre choice, for comfort, out of the 2 available All Weather options....

1. 235/55 103H XL
2. 215/60 C109/107T

I'm pretty sure it's No.1, but just want to make sure....
Correct.