Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calicap drawer arrived damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn’t realised that about the EU now. I will bear that in mind in future.

I don’t want a refund, the drawer looks great, I just would really like one without a dent!
we are still in the EU til end of this year mate.
either way, fix it or take it to an engineers yourself.

very unprofessional of any company to act like children towards their customers
new thread? Boycott calicap.de

As pointed out above, we are still in the EU so return postage for damaged goods is the responsibility of the seller.
PayPal will fight the claim for you and there's a good chance you'll get all of your money back and still have the damaged drawer. Give it a few months and it's yours.
It sounds like you are being far too nice.
Point paypal towards this thread where already another customer with the same transaction had a damaged item.

We claimed within 3 hours of arrival! They have said as DPD said the parcel was delivered undamaged that’s it. DPD have said the seller needs to claim so I can’t do anything......
Sorry you are having such a difficult time and experiencing such poor service.
Tbh it is a little surprising as when we bought from Calicap twelve months ago we coundn’t fault them they were excellent. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

In the past I have successfully used Paypal and claimed with a purchase from Canad, a bit of a pain but worked out in the end. I always if possible try to use a credit card directly for the protection that it provides but it must be direct and not via a third party such as Paypal having said that they where very good with me.

From my personal experience lots of companies try it on and assume that there customers are either ignorant of the law or that they won't pursue a claim. Once the relevant law or section of the consumer act is quoted they back down. In the UK at least the small court claim system is your friend.

Probably worth an email pointing out EU law regarding the responsibility to pay for the return of damaged goods and that until the end of the year the UK is still considered to be part of the wider EU.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for the best

The club shop one is out of stock. The Calicap appears to be more robustly built as well
I have a Club Shop drawer and is very robust and well made, and near half price of Calicap; with free postage to boot. The packaging sponge meant it could have been dropkicked out of DPD van without any damage

This is very concerning. With lots of people reporting the same issue and their attitude towards the UK customers, do you think they are just sending seconds or damaged stock knowing people will not want to pay to return it?
I’m considering one. How much difference is there between the Calicap and the Club Shop version?
I doubt if any reputable company would knowingly and deliberately send out damaged stock. Their reputation would be a stake.
What did surprise me though was that it was damaged at all. It's a very well made piece of kit that must have been subjected to quite some force to do that damage.

What did surprise me though was that it was damaged at all. It's a very well made piece of kit that must have been subjected to quite some force to do that damage.
Anyone packing any for a mainstream courier should take a tour of their sorting warehouses and see how parcels are flung as they are sorted (generally by machines, sometimes by humans). If it can't survive a drop from a couple of feet onto a hard surface, it needs more packaging.

Last edited:
That's a shame to hear as I've been umming and arring on whether to risk ordering one from Germany vs waiting for club shop stop to arrive.

1 additional suggestion, to re-coupe the £120 postage (each way) for a replacement. You could sell it damaged to a member on here for a smaller loss and order a new one (the loss would be less than that £120 postage).

I think a few people would have it for the £450-£500 (with local pickup) given they don't have to wait. If you were closer to me I think I'd consider it given stock/wait (I'm in London).

But understand on principle this isn't your fault and you shouldn't be losing out on anything. Very poor show from CaliCap.

Nice try mike5im5 .

Anyone packing any for a mainstream courier should take a tour of their sorting warehouses and see how parcels are flung as they are sorted (generally by machines, sometimes by humans). If it can't survive a drop from a couple of feet onto a hard surface, it needs more packaging.

When I was 18 I worked a Saturday & Sunday evening at Coventry Royal Mail Sorting station.
Unloading the trucks. Had about 45mins to 1 hr to empty a complete truck onto a conveyer belt which you adjusted into the back of the lorry.

It was a mad frenzy and harder than any gym session I can ever remember.

Hand on heart, absolute zero Fuchs given about any parcel coming off those trucks.
Such hard work.

Despite @Amarillo censoring my post, having only just been made aware of that fact.

As far as I am aware we still retain EU rules and regulations until the end of the Transition Period which ends at midnight on the 31st December 2020.

Despite @Amarillo censoring my post, having only just been made aware of that fact.

As far as I am aware we still retain EU rules and regulations until the end of the Transition Period which ends at midnight on the 31st December 2020.
C8F1F048-21F5-4D59-8D98-D162D061AF6B.jpeg
Still in force during EU Transition Period.

But amarilo is giving wrong advice to the op. I thought it was quite amicable up to now or did I miss something?

IMG_20200611_164342.jpg

Let' just keep this thread amicable for the sake of the OP.

Mentioning EU consumer rights pre or post our departure from the EU is not thread hijack. It is a perfectly reasonable explanation of consumer rights relevant to the OP.

Blaming the EU, blaming those who voted however in the recent referendum, attempting to swing this into a political debate would be thread hijack and the post will be removed. Equally starting a spat about who's right or wrong will also be deleted.

Thought I’d just update this, although it’s not a positive update. :(
Thank you to everyone for listening and we did try some of the suggestions. In the end we bent the drawer back into shape. It’s not perfect, which is abit annoying, but sometimes you just have to move on...

Thought I’d just update this, although it’s not a positive update. :(
Thank you to everyone for listening and we did try some of the suggestions. In the end we bent the drawer back into shape. It’s not perfect, which is abit annoying, but sometimes you just have to move on...
Agree it’s frustrating for you but think you’re right to move on, happy travels.

We had a similar issue...(Only just seen this thread so apologies if you have already seen below)

Fantastic product but when we ordered one last year it arrived damaged. Still useable but one of the corners was bent (was easy to bend back into shape with some mole grips, but still visible).

We notified them of damage, but they were very unhelpful; We asked for the postage cost to be refunded as compensation to avoid sending it back (as its a big item)..to which they accused us of causing the damage ourselves to seek a price reduction.

In the end we took the matter up with credit card company who refunded us the postage cost.

I wouldn’t purchase from them again, no matter how good the product. Seem to be comparable alternatives available now in the UK.

I wonder if companies like this get away with treating UK customers badly because they know many will put up with it and take no further action.

I wonder if companies like this get away with treating UK customers badly because they know many will put up with it and take no further action.
More than likely.

Is there anything other than anecdotal to suggest the British are any less likely to complain than other nationalities. I’ve only just finished picking my jaw up from the floor after reading @Roger Donoghue rebuttal of what I assume to be a complaint from a British customer.

Is there anything other than anecdotal to suggest the British are any less likely to complain than other nationalities. I’ve only just finished picking my jaw up from the floor after reading @Roger Donoghue rebuttal of what I assume to be a complaint from a British customer.
I don't think that was the point of the comment. More like " Does this company treat any foreign customer not resident in Germany with the same disdain"? After all it is a lot easier to deal with such a company in your own country even down to resorting to litigation than one based abroad. Or would you disagree?

Having lived in Germany for a while and having some German friends, I based it on my own experiences, Tom. There are of course many Brits, like myself, who wouldn't accept this without a fight. i'd be really cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back