Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calif. 4motion 2008: present unsolved problems

viking

viking

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hello fellow Cali owners. Have owned our van since Nov.2009. Have had many problems since then which have been rectified (not all satisfactorily) under warranty.
Now out of warranty have the following problems: -
Gas cooker:- sometimes it will not light other times it will. The last time I tried it lit but with a orange flickering flame and if one ring is turned up the other one dipped down. I'm thinking of changing the regulator.

Electrically operated sliding door:- This is a scary problem.On a recent camp after locking ourselves in for the night by the driver's door button we found that later in the night we were trapped inside the van. The sliding door would not open by the usual double pull on the inside handle nor would it open after operating the central locking button on the driver's door.
The only way out was by the driver's or passenger's doors. Not easy when both seats have been turned round to face the back ! Once outside I managed to operate it normally but the same thing happened on about 6 occasions and has yet to be resolved.
Has anyone else had similar gas cooker or electric door opening problems ??