Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central locking problem Cali T5

Roar

Roar

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
I have a Cali T5 model 2005.
When I open the doors with the remote control, I have problems with the lock on the driver's door. It opens occasionally and sometimes I have to open it from the inside.
Is it the engine in the door that needs to be replaced?
Does anyone have experience with this and can give advice?

I have a Cali T5 model 2005.
When I open the doors with the remote control, I have problems with the lock on the driver's door. It opens occasionally and sometimes I have to open it from the inside.
Is it the engine in the door that needs to be replaced?
Does anyone have experience with this and can give advice?
Peel back the rubber corrugated gator from the A Pillar to the door and check that the wiring is all ok. These wires power the Lock, window, mirror and on the R hand door the Radio aerial. They can get damaged with the constant movement of the door.

Thanks!
I will try that. But in my head there will be contact or breakage of wires. This problem doesn't happen every time. So I think the engine for the door opener or something is worn out
But, I'll look in too it and I will come back with feedback.

Thanks!
I will try that. But in my head there will be contact or breakage of wires. This problem doesn't happen every time. So I think the engine for the door opener or something is worn out
But, I'll look in too it and I will come back with feedback.
The wire core can break and make intermittent contact. Cheaper fix than a new lock.

Hey, it's a VW.

The complete lock of the driver's door is defective.
It closes when closing with the key, and it doesn't open when opening with the key? Get that lock replaced ASAP. Once the lock doesn't open anymore, there is very little chance you will get it unlocked whatever you try.
I had 2 Golf IV before, and they suffered the same problem.

Hello and thank for the advice.

The wiring between the A Pillar to the door was ok.
The the locking mechanism itself has been replaced. I bought a used mechanism since a new one cost unlikely much in Norway.
Everything works perfectly now. The key cylinder must be removed to get the old locking mechanism out and the new locking mechanism in place.
But, It was quite a challenge to put the key cylinder back in place so that everything worked as it should.
When doing so, care must be taken to keep all small discs and parts in place. Otherwise you will have trouble using the handle. The handle will simply not move without everything being properly mounted.

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz