Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

california battery

V

Volksie

Hi there

We are staying in Sunny SA and bought ourselfs a 2008 calli last year November.
We got it with 59000km on the clock, currently we have 75000km on it.
What an amazing vehicle, next 2 week trip end of this week.

Since its winter here I would like to have the heater sorted, but now I am not sure if it has one?
On the overhead panel it says heater not connected, I poped the vent in the door pillar and found nothing resembling a duct of sorts.
Also it has a brand new 3rd battery, what else would run off this battery? Disconected everything else works.

In my search for answers I cam across some info on the overhead panel showing a pic of the back of the panel with a extra plug for the heater hookup, mine does not have this.

Now I am starting to wonder whether or not mine has a heater.

Any :help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gerhard

SA ? Suid Afrika ? If so a Cali must be extremely expensive over there. We though it would be the ideal vehicle for Kruger park. What engine does it have ?

Over in the UK all Cali SE's have the heater, but I guess in SA you have more options, like the European spec, so I guess it is possible to have one without a heater over there.

The simplest way to check is to look for stickers on the door shur - in the UK we have two Webasto stickers (one for the engine heater and one for the parking heater - the parking heater is the one you actually want!)

I think the battery thing is a red herring - if you have two batteries they are just wired in parallel to give you a longer run time. I am not sure why one of them would be disconnected, unless they were not using it very much before you got it?

T

Suid Afrika yes

This is a 128 kw 5 cyl.awesome vehicle, this is the wifes daily driver.too slow for me.lol

Where exactly would this heater be mounted? Would love to go see if it's there or not.

We will be in the kruger park end of next week so much looking forward.

Back