Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery is dead

S

Southsea Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have just bought a 2008 California and a week later the starter battery is dead. It's a Lion 019 95ah en750. Apparently these are pretty rubbish anyway. However, we have only spent 1 night away, we were hooked up and only used the diesel heater for an hour tops. We didn't use the radio either but woke up to a dead battery.

My guess is we have to change the battery, but to what? I've searched and I'm getting different results from different pages. Tayna say I should fit the Enduroline 096.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Oh forgot to say that the control panel shows it as full so I have no idea what the issue is?

Oh forgot to say that the control panel shows it as full so I have no idea what the issue is?
You have 3 batteries. One is the engine battery under the bonnet.
2 Leisure Batteries, one under the front passenger seat and one under the rear wardrobe accessed via a door on the L side , in the boot.

The engine battery will power the external vehicle lights, the lights in the drivers cabin , near the Control Panel, and the electric side door if you have that option and the Dashboard radio system. Also it can power the Dashboard 12 v socket.

The control panel only shows you the leisure battery state,NOT the engine battery

I have just bought a 2008 California and a week later the starter battery is dead. It's a Lion 019 95ah en750. Apparently these are pretty rubbish anyway. However, we have only spent 1 night away, we were hooked up and only used the diesel heater for an hour tops. We didn't use the radio either but woke up to a dead battery.

My guess is we have to change the battery, but to what? I've searched and I'm getting different results from different pages. Tayna say I should fit the Enduroline 096.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
For the engine battery. Put your reg number into the AA or RAC website and it give you details of suitable replacement batteries. (RAC branded batteries are made by Varta). If you are a member they will fit them for free - otherwise approx £30 fitting fee; They will also do a full test on the old battery before fitting the new one.