Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beginner

R

Richard C

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi,

Whilst I use the internet regularly, I have never joined a forum, or owned a VW California, so this is all very new to me.

Having grown up with motorhomes, done overland trips, camped and done the caravan thing with my wife and children, I always fancied the idea of owning a campervan. It has taken a long time (years) to make the decision, save the money and take the plunge and this site and its forums have been instrumental in my decision making process. It has also kept me going through the 9 month wait since ordering my van.

Finally I have been told the van is awaiting collection on the 1st March and our wait will finally be over.

I have resisted pre-buying any accessories until now, but the hints, tips and information on the forum have been brilliant. I have a list of things I am going to investigate seriously now and am looking forward to many years and miles of happy camping memories.

Hi Richard welcome to the world of Internet forums and the California of course.:thumb

:welcome to the Califorum, or should that be Califorumia? :thumb:thumb

Welcome , it took me 20y of saving to finaly get my Cali....you won't reget it!

After 9 months of waiting the new Cali arrived 4th March. Now trying to avoid buying lots of extras until we have tried it out a few times!

Hoping to get a weekend trip next weekend - can't come soon enough.

After 9 months of waiting the new Cali arrived 4th March. Now trying to avoid buying lots of extras until we have tried it out a few times!

Hoping to get a weekend trip next weekend - can't come soon enough.

Welcome @Richard C You will love it.

Well first time I've seen someone " Disagree " with a :welcome

I'm so sorry...it was late at night, I was using my iPad and inadvertently pressed the wrong symbol, as many before me have done.
I have now changed it to agree with you.
I also posted my own welcome to Richard so I would have thought it was perfectly obvious that it was an error.

I'm so sorry...it was late at night, I was using my iPad and inadvertently pressed the wrong symbol, as many before me have done.
I have now changed it to agree with you.
I also posted my own welcome to Richard so I would have thought it was perfectly obvious that it was an error.
:thanks you might have been " Disagreeing " with my use of the :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:):)

20170326_090754_HDR.jpg A photo from our first weekend away in our new van.

Could have been better........could have been a week.

West coast of Scotland can be one of the best places in the world of you are lucky and get the weather.

Camper exceeded expectations and performed impeccably.