Just ordered my new ocean!

Kevintube1979

Kevintube1979

Kevpb
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hello

I've been milling about the forum for quite a while, I have finally ordered my new California Ocean 199 DSG 4MOTION from SMG Tonbrdge and joined the club! thanks for all the information that has been invaluable in my decision making...

Just the long wait now (12-16 weeks) !

Kevin

I went through just about every colour in my head but eventually settled on deep black pearl...extras - led lights,shower attachment,cruise (not acc) app connect,sports steering wheel,tow bar prep..extended warranty.

I've also ordered the bike rack and to to be black powder coated ...

Very nice spec, black is :bananadance2

for a day. I have 3 other black vehicles so a sucker for punishment :headbang.

Enjoy the wait.

Oh and where r u getting the bike rack painted ?

Welcome allong , your Cali will arrive just in time for summer...:thumb

Bike rack Dismantled by SMG Tonbridge (Due to rivets and the like,otherwise I would have done it myself) and then powder coated locally not sure exactly where but its £80 plus the SMG labour.

Sounds lovely. Black ones look so cool.

Hello

I've been milling about the forum for quite a while, I have finally ordered my new California Ocean 199 DSG 4MOTION from SMG Tonbrdge and joined the club! thanks for all the information that has been invaluable in my decision making...

Just the long wait now (12-16 weeks) !

Kevin
Hi Kev
Ordered mine 21st January (there don’t appear to be too many of us who have ordered in jan/feb).
Hoping to get a build week some time this month and delivery end May early June.

Keep in touch as once you’ve decided to spend so much money on a Cali the waiting drives you stir crazy. Let me know when you get a build date and welcome
:welcome:welcome:welcome

Hi Kev
Ordered mine 21st January (there don’t appear to be too many of us who have ordered in jan/feb).
Hoping to get a build week some time this month and delivery end May early June.

Keep in touch as once you’ve decided to spend so much money on a Cali the waiting drives you stir crazy. Let me know when you get a build date and welcome
:welcome:welcome:welcome

Thanks GVICK

Yes I shall post any progress on here,I am going through an anxious stage of "have I done the right thing"! but I am sure I will get over it and love it! :upsidedown

Congratulations! That will look super-cool.

Ordered ours from SMG Tonbridge too, due to pick it up a week on Saturday...now considering having our bike rack powered coated black!

Congratulations! That will look super-cool.

Ordered ours from SMG Tonbridge too, due to pick it up a week on Saturday...now considering having our bike rack powered coated black!

Thank you and congratulations to you!

when did you order yours?

Yes I have seen the black bike racks and personally think with certain colours of vehicle they blend in better especially with the Black and dark coloured vans,to me its worth the extra expense and may as well get it over and done with now.

my next challenge is, I am 100% going for seat covers,I think the premium "GTI" style ones ?

We ordered ours at the end of October (a Beach). It arrived at the dealer at the end of Jan but we won't get the chance to use it for a bit so thought we might as well wait for the new reg!

We're getting Bamboo Garden Green with black sidebars and are having the alloys coated black so the black bike rack would definitely work. I didn't realise the dealer could do it so thanks for the heads up...just the extra cost to consider...

The GTI seat covers get really good reviews on here, they look very well designed

Thanks GVICK

Yes I shall post any progress on here,I am going through an anxious stage of "have I done the right thing"! but I am sure I will get over it and love it! :upsidedown

Hi Kev I think there are seven stages of Cali ordering.

First stage is anxious :sorry oh my ive spent so much money on a van.
Second stage is fretting over options - what else could you add, do you like the wheels, should you order a tow bar etc - I’ve added to my order this week :D
Then there is the impatient stage3 when will I get a build week - what is taking Vw so long that’s where I am.:Nailbiting
Stage 4 is then trying to work out when your Cali will leave factory once you have a BW :headbang
Stage 5 tracking Cali on its ship/voyage
Stage 6 - it’s here at the dealer excitement :bananadance2
Stage 7 the hand over :upsidedown

Second stage is fretting over options - what else could you add, do you like the wheels, should you order a tow bar etc - I’ve added to my order this week :D
Then there is the impatient stage3 when will I get a build week - what is taking Vw so long that’s where I am.:Nailbiting
Stage 4 is then trying to work out when your Cali will leave factory once you have a BW :headbang

Yes its all a bit of a roller coaster I think.....o_O

Then once you have on the drive you might get 'buyer's guilt'

I had this when I bought a, quite expensive, second hand BMW. I almost panicked and asked to return it. We have had for almost four years now and love it.

PS. We also have a Cali but no guilt there.

Hi @Kevin Beal
We have been given a provisional build week of week 15.
Apparently status is code 10 - next update will be when build week is confirmed.
The provisional build week apparently means nothing until it’s confirmed ( but we did add red bellows, tow bar and cascavel alloys so at least it hasn’t slipped).

Not sure how long to van being delivered to dealer - but assuming build week is confirmed 15 end April say another 4-5 weeks so end May first week June?

Can any member on forum comment?

Thank you

Greg

Hi @Kevin Beal
We have been given a provisional build week of week 15.
Apparently status is code 10 - next update will be when build week is confirmed.
The provisional build week apparently means nothing until it’s confirmed ( but we did add red bellows, tow bar and cascavel alloys so at least it hasn’t slipped).

Not sure how long to van being delivered to dealer - but assuming build week is confirmed 15 end April say another 4-5 weeks so end May first week June?

Can any member on forum comment?

Thank you

Greg
Hello GVICK thats good news at least its all moving in the right direction,that probably means a month later for me.....

Hello GVICK thats good news at least its all moving in the right direction,that probably means a month later for me.....
I ordered a 4motion and these seem to take longer so wouldn’t surprise me if they arrive around same timeish - finger ps dissed