Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California insurance

G

Garry 996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Heads up
Just found out after three years of insurance with the RAC they do not insure camper vans. Apparently they do not know that a California is a camper van. Only just found out when ringing for another quote on a new one.

This is hilarious - not for you I understand, but the nations oldest motoring organisation can’t tell the difference between a car and a campervan!! They’re both ‘automobiles’!

This is hilarious - not for you I understand, but the nations oldest motoring organisation can’t tell the difference between a car and a campervan!! They’re both ‘automobiles’!
And they run VW assist!

Oh my goodness, however ‘Ignorance’ seems to be the UK Govt. excuse for all, so I guess it permeates all businesses.
Sounds like ‘no damage done’ in the 3 years and legally they would likely still be liable….. unless it’s in the small print !
I hope any other unsuspecting owners with RAC read this, you should maybe repost with a more ‘Warning’ Thread title.

AA came when VW Assist said that they'd send them as no VW Assist available at the time.
AA Guy who came said that he used work in Europe for the AA and they did VW Assist there?
Correct, AA have the VW Commercial Assist contract. We’ve had such poor service from RAC Breakdown that IF they ran the VW Assist programme we’d definitely sign up to say Green Flag. Zero confidence in RAC.

Back