Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California roof repair

T

Tetsuo15

Hello, first time posting on here. I would be interested to know of other California owners experience of the roof repair which is being carried out on all effected Cali's. Mine went off this morning on the back of a truck, going to crush repairs (interesting name). Does anyone have any experience with this company. Obviously I am a bit apprehensive as it is a major job, with all the canvas being removed and replaced, etc etc. Any pitfalls I should be aware of and things to look out for on its return?
Many thanks in advance.

Crush is the family name. No reflection on what they do!
They did my roof and did a perfect job. You hardly knew the thing had been touched - the only giveaways being a bit of visible sealant etc which in reality was probably better than new. Rest easy, they are very good and know what they are doing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's a bit late to be asking this question if your Cali has already been taken away!

My repair was carried out by one of the other approved body shops. Their 1st attempt was a complete f**k up. The front section of the roof had to be completely replaced for a second time and the damage to bodywork and trim had to be put right. The quality of the work the second time was outstanding, they completely redeemed themselves.

My repair was carried out by one of the other approved body shops. Their 1st attempt was a complete f**k up. The front section of the roof had to be completely replaced for a second time and the damage to bodywork and trim had to be put right. The quality of the work the second time was outstanding, they completely redeemed themselves.

I was third time lucky after 2 cock ups with an alternative repairer!!