California t5 2009 with a factory kitchen

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
Ignore the westfalia stickers, it looks like a proper Vw California
although you say its 2009

Those side stripes are a Cali thing but i thought only on the early
years.
I didn't think the Beach/Ocean categories were introduced until much later? The inside is absolutely identical to my 2008 California. Was it maybe a special order, or a subsequent refinished exterior?

Elmo3

Elmo3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I didn't think the Beach/Ocean categories were introduced until much later? The inside is absolutely identical to my 2008 California. Was it maybe a special order, or a subsequent refinished exterior?

The Beach was introduced in continental Europe with the T5. The UK had to wait until T5.1 for the Beach.

A

Alooohaaa

Vehicle
T5 Beach
From your last pictures it looks like you have a Control panel showing Leisure battery state and the Webasto Parking heater.
One question, does it have the external Electric Mains Hookup socket and a Mains charger for the Batteries?
Yes it have an external hookup. 2x leisure batteries and the car battery. Mains charger I am not sure. I will be able to check it how? I plug it in (through external) and check the screen?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Yes it have an external hookup. 2x leisure batteries and the car battery. Mains charger I am not sure. I will be able to check it how? I plug it in (through external) and check the screen?
Yes, if the screen is showing the Leisure Batteries voltage then the voltage should rise as the charger kicks in. I would have thought it would have a charger as whoever outfitted the vehicle seems to have done a good job.

A

Alooohaaa

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Yes, if the screen is showing the Leisure Batteries voltage then the voltage should rise as the charger kicks in. I would have thought it would have a charger as whoever outfitted the vehicle seems to have done a good job.
Yep looks like it is decent. But will add this to my checklist before buying... It is quite extensive already Now I am trying to find technical drawings for the water and Gas system as I want to check them. Than will need to find somebody who can check the Gas to make sure it is sealed as should be. Also thinking of getting some senzor for gas or something

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Yep looks like it is decent. But will add this to my checklist before buying... It is quite extensive already Now I am trying to find technical drawings for the water and Gas system as I want to check them. Than will need to find somebody who can check the Gas to make sure it is sealed as should be. Also thinking of getting some senzor for gas or something
This should help.

Attachments

• t5_tech-manual.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 18
A

Alooohaaa

Vehicle
T5 Beach
WelsGas, Andrew, Westfalia, Calicev, Elmo3, Perfectos, 2into1

Thank you all for your help. Thanks to you I feel much more confident going into this deal. You guys are supportive and helpful to a total stranger which is great. (For me as the stranger especially :)
I am looking forward to our future conversations maybe even me being able to help out somewhere.

Tony hylton

Tony hylton

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello
I am about to buy a t5 california from 2009 beach trim. It have the full kitchen sing fridge etc setup. Looks like factory... Is it possible? What should I check? I have the service book with a long code (I guess some factory id ... vin as well) It have all the made by westfalia stickers and feels like the one from a rental cali I used last year... Could somebody help me pls? I know nothing about these cars but really want one
Owner is super helpful willi g to get it to any service I want etc... car feels and drives well and looks good as well ..
The price would be a giveaway

A

Alooohaaa

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello Folks,

Thought I will give you an update. So I went to VW today to check the car before taking it home.
And my dreams are halted... I am quite sad BUT at least I have my money... Bottom line the engine had several leaks and I quote "was cooked" have no idea what it means... recommendation from the service: Don't buy it...

So here I am looking for a T5 California in Europe if you have seen any with a reasonable price tag let me know...

V

Vagophile

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Disappointing after all the trouble that you have gone to, but that is why you went to that trouble. As you say, you still have your money. Keep looking. Good Luck.

VW California Club