Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling New Zealand Owners

Kiwi

Kiwi

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all kiwis

How many NZ Cali owners are members?!!!

Ok my question to you.... has anyone found an adapter to plug into the inverter Italian/Swiss type plug in the VW NZ Ocean California

I have found one at farmers but only adapts to a 2 pin NZ plug which is no good for our lap top

Thanks

Hi all kiwis

Ok my question to you.... has anyone found an adapter to plug into the inverter Italian/Swiss type plug in the VW NZ Ocean California

I have found one at farmers but only adapts to a 2 pin NZ plug which is no good for our lap top

Thanks
This many - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/usermap

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.15.55.jpg

Hi all kiwis

Thanks
Get one of these Mains leads.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.19.16.jpg
Ignore the UK plug on the Left - Remove the Mains Plug ( on the Left ) and replace it with a NZ extension box.

Power-Strip.jpg
plus Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.21.56.jpg

Hi all kiwis

Thanks
Any NZ to European travel plug adapater they sell at the airport should do. I am flying out 7 Jan back 13th if you need one. Bunnings also usually do a good selection.

Hi all kiwis

Thanks

The inverter socket is 2 pins only because it is not earthed, and is meant to supply appliances which do not need an earth pin, like laptop power supplies.
The UK plug for my MacBook adapters for example, has 3 pins but the earth pin is a fake plastic one - because in the Uk the earth pin is required to connect to the live pins. I suspect. NZ to be the same. The usual universal adapters that I use for travel accept a uk plug with 3 pins ands plug in a 2-pin continental socket.

Hi Kiwi, did you ever find an adapter that is available to purchase in NZ?

If you join our Facebook group for nz owners of vw Cali and GC it has discussion about this. The group is VW California NZ

Hi all kiwis

Thanks

Unidapt European Power Plug Adapters, Travel Adapter America USA UK to Europe EU Italy Outlet Plug Adapter, European Travel Plug Adapters 3 in 1 Charger with 2 USB (Type C) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V46JHF3/

I got something like this off Amazon sent to NZ and it works brilliantly

Hi all kiwis

Thanks
There are about 79 of us on a NZ Facebook page and quite a few of us pop up on here and on the European FB page too

Back