Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camingaz gasnot coming through

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good morning all. Is it possible that I may have a faulty Campingaz cylinder? I exchanged my empty cylinder last afternoon and reconnected a full one but no gas is coming through to my hob inside my Cali Ocean 6.1 (2021). I've checked and rechecked that my connections are good and I can't find any faults. Before it ran out yesterday, my previous cylinder worked fine. Any suggestions would be welcomed. (I bought the fresh cylinder at the campsite).

Just to add..... I have turned the tap in the cupboard under the hob on.

Good morning all. Is it possible that I may have a faulty Campingaz cylinder? I exchanged my empty cylinder last afternoon and reconnected a full one but no gas is coming through to my hob inside my Cali Ocean 6.1 (2021). I've checked and rechecked that my connections are good and I can't find any faults. Before it ran out yesterday, my previous cylinder worked fine. Any suggestions would be welcomed. (I bought the fresh cylinder at the campsite).
Did the new bottle feel heavy when you put it in. They haven't given you an empty by mistake?

If it did, then you might have a regulator problem.

If you are really careful if you remove the bottle again but leave the first brass tap on top connected but disconnect the regulator after the tap. Take it into a big space in the fresh air outside and very carefully open the grass tap a little and see if it hisses and gas comes out

Be careful to keep everything out of the way the gas will come out cold and if you get it on you can harm your skin and it will come out fast at full bottle pressure. But a tiny little turn on and immediately back off should prove if the tap to bottle connection is working properly.

If that lets gas out then it will only leave the rest of the system in the van, so most likely regulator, but could be broken tap under sink or squashed pipe. Most likely regulator out of those things though.

When you connected the regulator did you smell gas? Seems coincidental that everything was fine until the new gas bottle was installed. And you're sure the replacement is full? My guess is the valve on the bottle is at fault if it feels full.

just weight it, should be 6.42kg when full, you can get a level guide from this forum its 3.7kg when empty

Sorry for late response. Yes, I had everything turned on. As it happens, I took the cylinder back to the campsite shop and they gave me another cylinder to try and, bingo, it was fine. So it seems that it was a faulty cylinder. Annoying, but problem resolved. Thank you for responding WG!!

When you connected the regulator did you smell gas? Seems coincidental that everything was fine until the new gas bottle was installed. And you're sure the replacement is full? My guess is the valve on the bottle is at fault if it feels full.
You are correct Corradobrit. It turns out that it was a faulty cylinder! All good now as the campsite exchanged it for another one. Thanks for responding.

Did the new bottle feel heavy when you put it in. They haven't given you an empty by mistake?

If it did, then you might have a regulator problem.

If you are really careful if you remove the bottle again but leave the first brass tap on top connected but disconnect the regulator after the tap. Take it into a big space in the fresh air outside and very carefully open the grass tap a little and see if it hisses and gas comes out

Be careful to keep everything out of the way the gas will come out cold and if you get it on you can harm your skin and it will come out fast at full bottle pressure. But a tiny little turn on and immediately back off should prove if the tap to bottle connection is working properly.

If that lets gas out then it will only leave the rest of the system in the van, so most likely regulator, but could be broken tap under sink or squashed pipe. Most likely regulator out of those things though.
Turns out it was the bottle at fault. Turning the brass top tap revealed no gas coming out so had to be the cylinder. All worked fine after the campsite exchanged it for another. Thanks for responding!

just weight it, should be 6.42kg when full, you can get a level guide from this forum its 3.7kg when empty
Thanks for responding. Yes, I have the weight chart and checked that the cylinder was full. Turning the brass tap on top of the cylinder (without the regulator connected) produced no gas. So it was the cylinder that was faulty. All good now with a new cylinder!

Back