Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camper Jam 23 - Date for your diary

I have been in touch with the Camper Jam team and have requested a VW Cali Club camping pitch again for next year.
Tickets aren’t on sale yet, but a date for your diary 7th - 9th July 2023.
Will let you know when tickets are available, bear in mind they sell out fast!

I have been in touch with the Camper Jam team and have requested a VW Cali Club camping pitch again for next year.
Tickets aren’t on sale yet, but a date for your diary 7th - 9th July 2023.
Will let you know when tickets are available, bear in mind they sell out fast!

Booked on the stand

I had sent some questions regarding access etc for Seb, but as they haven’t got back yet I booked in the hope that its all fine.

I had sent some questions regarding access etc for Seb, but as they haven’t got back yet I booked in the hope that its all fine.
Hi Sam, the main show area is fairly flat and club camping is situated close to this. It is all grass generally. .
The trade stands are on a slope and the whole site is sloping around the main arena.
It’s a big site and to see everything involves a reasonable amount of walking.
Obviously you don’t have to wander everywhere, and from a club camping pitch point of view we are close to all the entertainment.
If you have any specific questions or concerns I’ll do my best to answer based on familiarity of the site but I’m no access expert!
Hope this helps, but more importantly I hope someone from Camper Jam answers your concerns.

Hi Sam, the main show area is fairly flat and club camping is situated close to this. It is all grass generally. .
The trade stands are on a slope and the whole site is sloping around the main arena.
It’s a big site and to see everything involves a reasonable amount of walking.
Obviously you don’t have to wander everywhere, and from a club camping pitch point of view we are close to all the entertainment.
If you have any specific questions or concerns I’ll do my best to answer based on familiarity of the site but I’m no access expert!
Hope this helps, but more importantly I hope someone from Camper Jam answers your concerns.
Thanks Chris, they have got back to me now. Looks like I don't have to swap vans with you for the weekend

Hi Lizzibeth,

there would be no reason Why you could not arrive on Saturday, however the event is very big and attracts a massive Van camping fraternity.
the camping fields get rammed very quickly after tge doors open.
you would have to take your chances on where you camped (within the allocated section you choose when booking) unless you went for A Cali Club pitch in which case you would have an allocated pitch space All to yourself.
Hope that helps

don’t let the fact that open camping gets really busy put you off going, it’s a really great event.
Depends who your camped next too :bananadance2

We are all booked up on the VWCC dedicated area. Arriving Thursday departing Sunday - three nights!

Hi Chris are you thinking of putting a club stand on any of the other shows in 2023

Hi Chris are you thinking of putting a club stand on any of the other shows in 2023
The only other definite is Busfest in September.
I do personally attend a lot of the shows throughout the year, not sure what the appetite for these shows is like within the Cali club. CamperJam and Busfest are probably the largest shows of the VW calendar.

We will also be running a few Club meets through 2023 too. Keep your eye out for those!

Just booked - it's our first ever Camper event as we haven't even got the Cali yet....but just found out today that it's awaiting shipment :thumb

Looking forward to meeting you all - I briefly met a few this year when we were Day Visitors. Looked a great show and loved the fact there's specific VWCC parking.
We are the same - just booked (family of four)..

Our Ocean is due to arrive at the end of November

At the VWCC parking area, is there enough space for an awning? I remember it being quite compact last year when visiting for the day (pre Cali arrival). I didn’t take any photos sadly.

At the VWCC parking area, is there enough space for an awning? I remember it being quite compact last year when visiting for the day (pre Cali arrival). I didn’t take any photos sadly.
Hi Phil, the pitches are marked out and from memory they are 7m (or 8?) sq or similar.
There is space for an awning, but It is tight if your neighbour has one too. If the layout is similar to last year then perhaps if you aim for an outside edge pitch (if that makes sense) you should be ok.

Damn, I would have loved to have been there and actually we can but our daughter is going to youth camp that period. We've been there three times before and after all the corona troubles this was the first year we could be there again. Our children have had a wonderful time there certainly our daughter, so we promised not to go without her. Hence no Camper Jam fur us this year either. Also no CJ sticker for our new bus. The old one had three. It could have been nice to get to know some of you, especially those from the same waiting time as ours. It forms a bit of a bond, doesn't it; the same names you encounter in the various postst. Of course also old acquaintances (although there will be few of them from the times of the COTF meetings, man I loved being there). Well yes, so we have decided and it will not be for us this year. Have a great time because all the info that comes to you through their fb page is promising.
26DCD7E2-64E6-44FC-B087-8DEFEBBA7953.jpeg
Us (white one) with friends. 2019

Last edited:
Hi Phil, the pitches are marked out and from memory they are 7m (or 8?) sq or similar.
There is space for an awning, but It is tight if your neighbour has one too. If the layout is similar to last year then perhaps if you aim for an outside edge pitch (if that makes sense) you should be ok.
Hi Chris, that’s great, thanks for the quick reply. We’re booked in Friday to Sunday but I may look at adding Thursday night to our booking now….could arrive as early as possible then and find a good pitch.

Hi Chris, that’s great, thanks for the quick reply. We’re booked in Friday to Sunday but I may look at adding Thursday night to our booking now….could arrive as early as possible then and find a good pitch.
I’m there Thursday, sure it will be fine even if you don’t arrive until the Friday.

Just tried to book a pitch for our first festival since having our van. Seems club camping is full? Do you know if there are any spots left - hoping for a website glitch!

Back