Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show/Event Camperjam 2020 (postponed to 2021)

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 02-07-2021
Event end date: Sunday 04-07-2021
Registration ends: Thursday 01-07-2021
Username Guest count Note
Mr T Mr T 2  
LemonDrop LemonDrop 4  
An-j An-j 4  
Volkywagen Volkywagen 3  
Calimagg Calimagg 2  
C Calibration 4  
RSMarco RSMarco 3  
Karlos Karlos 4  
Stephen Clarke Stephen Clarke 4  
Saesneg Shaun Saesneg Shaun 2  
HareBear Hutch HareBear Hutch 2  
Dodge1311 Dodge1311 1  
T Taglish1 2  
Do you need to be a VIP member to be in the VWCC camping area?

So we are thinking of booking Camper Jam 2020. We aren't too sure which area to go for. It is most likely to be one of our first stays in the new camper.
Little one at the time of the festival with be just shy of 3
Family area or VWCC area?
☺️

family camping is further away than club from main entertainment marquees so will be quieter at night I think...music can blare out till midnight...
being first time family is prob better for you....?

So we are thinking of booking Camper Jam 2020. We aren't too sure which area to go for. It is most likely to be one of our first stays in the new camper.
I would go club, we took our first son for the first few years to the family area, last year we landed in the club area and he was just shy of 3. No problem whatsoever but he is quite a heavy sleeper. Nothing a good Cali topper cant solve :)

We didn’t stay last year but the club camping looked much flatter and closer to everything. With a 3 year old I’d want to be close, I think, so you can nip back when needed!

We have been in the various areas. Our evaluation (FWIW):

Family area is a bit (not that much) further away from the party area and therefore the noise should be a bit less, and people are asked to be quiet a littlebit earlier. We thought it made a bit of a difference, but not really that much.

The club area we found had in effect very small pitches (too many vans huddles too close together), and was by far the noisiest: the various ‘clubs’ seemed to party on forever after the ’central’ party was long over...

So, we liked ‘Home is where you park it’ best. Last time we had our own little ‘club’ of 4, and that was OK!

We have a five year old and are complete novices so was wondering the same. However, our five year old is more up for a party than us ‍♀️ Still not sure where to go!

We have a five year old and are complete novices so was wondering the same. However, our five year old is more up for a party than us ‍♀ Still not sure where to go!
My emoticons go funny when I write on here :) It was supposed to be a face palm!!

well Friday theme is 20x 20 vision and Sat is wannabee party ...
I have no idea what that all means ! so am looking fwd to seeing all the inventiveness..
what can you expect? wild wacky bright bizarre humorous clever ....and as always, lots of blokes wearing low cut dresses and heels (my german friends are fascinated by this seemingly very British thing!)
Lots of families and groups all work on a common theme too
Its mad and a bit surreal
And no, I do not do dressing up! But great fun to see ...

well Friday theme is 20x 20 vision and Sat is wannabee party ...
I have no idea what that all means ! so am looking fwd to seeing all the inventiveness..
what can you expect? wild wacky bright bizarre humorous clever ....and as always, lots of blokes wearing low cut dresses and heels (my german friends are fascinated by this seemingly very British thing!)
Lots of families and groups all work on a common theme too
Its mad and a bit surreal
And no, I do not do dressing up! But great fun to see ...
Thanks David, much as I thought and sounds just like the Triumph sports car events I used to attend many moons ago.

Friday's Theme: 20/20 Vision
CJ20 FRIDAY THEME_WEB.jpg

Who’d have thought that when Camper Jam started out we’d be celebrating 13 birthdays in 2020?!
To start the weekend party in style, we want YOU to join us and don some super special specs for our 2020 party!
Will you go all out Elton John-style or keep them understated cool and shady?
Perhaps you are a bespectacled camperjammer and fancy pimping your own peepers?
Come on and “show us your specs!” for our 20/20 Friday party!

Saturday's Theme: Wannabe
CJ20 SATURDAY THEME_MAILER.jpg

Wannabe party! Do you remember imagining what you’d ‘wannabe’ when you’re older? Oh the possibilities! Did you want to be a fireman? Air hostess? Nurse? Doctor? A Vet? Well this is your chance to live out that dream! Come to our Saturday night party dressed as your goal, grown-up job. Mums and dads, don those uniforms and kids … what would you like to be? An artist? Footballer? A pop star? You can be whatever you like! The sky's the limit so get your thinking caps on .. we are so excited for this one!

Hi all , can you put a awning up thanks Steve
Yes!
The general camping had loads of room. Someone I know is taking a T4, glawning and teardrop caravan!
Hopefully the club camping will have enough space for awnings as well, as we struggle without even for a night.........