Extended personal
accident cover
£100,000:
Cost of cover £17.36
Protected NCD:
Cost of cover £16.95
Your personal belongings limit is £1,000
That’s an amazing price.
I pay over £700 now with LV, and 3 years no claims. Garaged, only 5000 miles pa. Goes up every year from about £480 3 years ago, despite no claims.
Will scan the market in September…

I’ve been on the lookout for good campervan insurance myself and found some decent options. From what I’ve gathered, a lot of folks seem happy with Comfort Insurance and Caravan Guard – both seem to

Also, I came across insurancecloud.co.uk during my search. They seem to have some good options too. It might be worth checking them out.

Personally, I think the key is to shop around a bit and get quotes from a few places. Prices can vary a lot depending on what exactly you need. And hey, don’t forget to check out reviews to see what other campervan owners are saying.

We’ve just renewed a car policy. As per last year, the renewal price was up by 20%, and I called the insurer (LV) to simply ask “what can you to decrease this?” . The response both times was to offer a discount of £50. Net result was an increase of 5%. It’s always worth a 10 minute call.

Sent off a comment on mine yesterday....told me that my vehicle wasn't covered for theft unless it was fitted with an approved security fitting. Its 9yrs old

They slipped this in somewhere along one of the renewal and I'm not overly impressed.

Sent off a comment on mine yesterday....told me that my vehicle wasn't covered for theft unless it was fitted with an approved security fitting. Its 9yrs old

They slipped this in somewhere along one of the renewal and I'm not overly impressed.
Which company?

Camping and Caravan Club via First Underwriting......moved me a few years back as I'm sure I was with Ageas or Equity previously....offering the exactly the same cover...blah, blah ......I typically just renew when they ring me up and ask any changes, no, okay would you like to go ahead. Been with CCC for about 7 or 8yrs now.

So it was added to the policy last year. Anything Thatcham approved....is acceptable to the insurance company....the VW standard install is Thatcham approved.....insurance being insurance

So it was added to the policy last year. Anything Thatcham approved....is acceptable to the insurance company....the VW standard install is Thatcham approved.....insurance being insurance
So you were covered for theft after all?

Sort of ...The sentences are not linked and the implication within the email response is that it needs to be in operation and that they could refuse a theft claim if not ....whilst the wording of the exclusion is fitted not operational.

Anyway I realised why I stopped using Comfort. Tried last night and they still can not provide an online quote

Had Comfort just call.... asked if I wanted to continue with the quote....said no. I told them that the online quote still doesn't work. Apparently it seems it could be related to the area I live (I haven't moved) .

On the A-F rating its a C....only because its urban.

Comfort didn't work on line for me either. However they've called me today too. I had a big claim last year and my existing insurance went up from £360 last year to £1260 this year!!! Comfort back down to £706. I'm spending the next hour calling around to see if I get cheaper still.

Be careful with comfort. The advisor just told me that the van wouldn't be insured if it was ever parked overnight on the street.

Any other recommendations?

Ir depends on your requirements. Are you going to travel abroad a lot or for long trips or staying in UK?

Just insured new motorhome with caravan guard, £88k, 7000 miles per year, full European cover, full protected NCD, £644, California beach was with admiral for £300 per year but don't cover vans of £88k value!