Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping across Europe in August - booking question...

Owlish

Owlish

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hey all, we're a family of four considering a 3 week tour to Croatia in school hols with 2 kids (5 & 7). I was thinking of booking a site for the first night, and a week in a site in Croatia, but otherwise just using the ACSI app and winging it for overnight stops. Likely routes are going through Belgium, Germany, Austria on the way there, and Venice, Switzerland, France on the way back. We've never done anything like this before, and so can someone tell me if I'm kidding myself about finind nice sites with spaces in peak season? :confused: I think we'd prefer sites rather than Aires. Thank you!

No issues at all IME of many countries across Europe - it's full of endless sites and even in the city centre ones we've always got in.

Hey all, we're a family of four considering a 3 week tour to Croatia in school hols with 2 kids (5 & 7). I was thinking of booking a site for the first night, and a week in a site in Croatia, but otherwise just using the ACSI app and winging it for overnight stops. Likely routes are going through Belgium, Germany, Austria on the way there, and Venice, Switzerland, France on the way back. We've never done anything like this before, and so can someone tell me if I'm kidding myself about finind nice sites with spaces in peak season? :confused: I think we'd prefer sites rather than Aires. Thank you!
Shouldn’t be too much of a problem but don’t leave it too late in the day to look for a site.

Some of the more popular sites, especially in Switzerland, might stipulate a minimum stay of three nights or more but you should be able to book most sites by ringing ahead.

You have a good plan. Book the first night and your week in Croatia. Go where the wind takes you on the way there and on the way back using the excellent ACSI app. My only suggestion is you phone your first choice campsite as soon as you head off - this gives you plenty of time to amend your plans.

Phew, so good to hear that it may be possible (this forum is ACE!). Good to know about the 3 night minimum, and great advice to call early in the day to book. Really appreciate all your guidance :D
:thanks

Phew, so good to hear that it may be possible (this forum is ACE!). Good to know about the 3 night minimum, and great advice to call early in the day to book. Really appreciate all your guidance :D
:thanks
Maybe see you on the road - hope to get as far as Switzerland late August :)

Back