Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Chair Replacement Parts / Bolts

Cali Cali Cali

Cali Cali Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,
I just wanted to re-iterate and confirm that I used Wolfgang and Petra over in Germany to get replacement bolts for our camping chairs a couple of weeks back and they were genuinely super helpful, kind and replied mostly within a day.
It felt a little dodgy sending money to a random eBay account, but it was all perfectly legitimate and went without a hitch.

The parts are genuine and made to a high quality and we now have 2 working chairs again, and didn't have to buy a new one at £99 odd.

See my photos, we had to replace the usual plastic spacer set (Set 3 from Wolfgangs parts diagram)

The best person to email directly to make an order is Petra.
She replied in perfectly fine English which was super appreciated.

Basically pop Petra Haug an email: phaug@camping-schuh.de
(alternatively you can email Wolfgang Haug at whaug@camping-schuh.de also)

Say which set you would like (see diagram / photo below), and she'll reply with a price that includes shipping.
Each SET (1 through 5) includes 2x of that Bolt / type (So one for each side of the chair) and was charged at 11 Euros (incl shipping to UK) per SET.

It cost me 22 Euros which incl Shipping to UK (I ordered 2X Set 3 for the 2 chairs)
After that it took around a week for the spare parts to arrive. Perfect!

Hope this helps you all out :)

A diagram listing all the different bolt set parts for the chair. (This was for a T5 Camping chair, I'm not sure if it's different for the newer T6 / 6.1 models)
View attachment 89392

And this is what turned up a week after ordering :)

camping_chair_bolt_divider_set3.jpg

A tip, disassemble the bolts one at a time, apply some thread lock (blue ) to the first 1cm of all the bolt threads reassemble (1cm at the start of the thread furthest away from the bolt head)
. The bolts will not come undone on there own again as a consequence of use ( which is what causes the issue, requiring replacement parts)

the parts can if required still be undone as normal with the normal tools after thread lock is applied (but if disassemble, new thread lock will be required to be applied to the bolt threads)

Google “thread lock blue“

Thank you for the advice, I didn't think of that. But will pick up some and reapply.

Shout out to Sakura-Cali for post regarding the contact details etc in relation to finding a cost effective repair for the cracked hinge/spacers on the VW California camping chairs. I contacted Petra by email and chose 2 x set 3 from her diagram… paid €23.60 (£21 by PayPal) and received the package 2 days later.

I guess I will have to do the same and ask for the diagram as Sakura-Cali's useful link now leads nowhere - 'link could not be found'.
I finally got round to repairing my broken chair with the kit I bought from the club shop probably a couple of years ago, but there isn't a bolt long enough in the kit for the particular part that needs fixing.

Hope this helps you when ordering, as this is the sketch which Petra sent me in order that I could confirm the actual bolts and spacers required

DD582760-1D96-4F53-866C-DDB7B63E113F.jpeg

Hope this helps you when ordering, as this is the sketch which Petra sent me in order that I could confirm the actual bolts and spacers required

Thanks very much - most helpful! :)

Back