Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Gaz 904 v 907 exchange

P

Punchy England

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone had problems exchanging a 904 for a 907 when due for refill. I have in the past swapped between the two and just paid the appropriate exchange cylinder rate.
Go Outdoors have stopped doing this as has my other local supplier in Hull. Any ideas how I can now exchange my 904 for a 907 or do I have to buy a third bottles at the ridiculous prices the retailers charge?

One came on here today in North Leeds.

Has anyone had problems exchanging a 904 for a 907 when due for refill.
I do not expect many here will swooping between sizes -the new beach camper uses a 904 so you may be able to swop it

Has anyone had problems exchanging a 904 for a 907 when due for refill. I have in the past swapped between the two and just paid the appropriate exchange cylinder rate.
Go Outdoors have stopped doing this as has my other local supplier in Hull. Any ideas how I can now exchange my 904 for a 907 or do I have to buy a third bottles at the ridiculous prices the retailers charge?

Local tip normally has a stock, otherwise going rate is £5-£10 on Facebook marketplace.

We use the 907, always have two flasks with us. We cook normally outside and use the internal cooker only if we face poor weather.
I refill the 907's my self, the exchange bottles are a pure rip off, In the Netherlands we pay approx. 30€ for the exchange, that's 30€ for 2.7Kg liquid gas, 11€ per Kg
I have bought Pocket Portable Mini 50kg/5g LCD Digital hanging Luggage Weight on Ebay, $4,75, works perfect.
hang scale2.jpg

The 907 North Leeds is still for sale.

A cheap way of getting a new 904 or 907 cylinder is simply to buy an empty on Facebook Marketplace for about £5 then exchange for a full one at GoOutdoors

There are usually a quite a few on ebay most at a sensible price, no point buying a nice new shiny one.

We use the 907, always have two flasks with us. We cook normally outside and use the internal cooker only if we face poor weather.
I refill the 907's my self, the exchange bottles are a pure rip off, In the Netherlands we pay approx. 30€ for the exchange, that's 30€ for 2.7Kg liquid gas, 11€ per Kg
I have bought Pocket Portable Mini 50kg/5g LCD Digital hanging Luggage Weight on Ebay, $4,75, works perfect.
View attachment 68029
Hello,
can you explain how to fill those gasbottles?
Thanks in advance.

I have a large 12kg gas bottle, for de Campingazz bottle I have purhased a valve.
For the large bottle a nipple and hose between the two an place the large bottle up side down. Make sure that you purge the connecting tube with gaz before filling.
Now it is a mater of weighting.
It takes some practice, you may have to release some gaz damp from the Campingazz flasks.
Keep a close eye on your filling weight!! Over filling is not done!.
Filling weight can be found on the internet.
For example 907.
Empty, 3,75kg
Fill weight, 2,75kg
Total weight, 6,5kg.
Last but not least, the fill of my large bottle is 15 € for 12kg gaz. So I save a few pennies there.

I have a large 12kg gas bottle, for de Campingazz bottle I have purhased a valve.
For the large bottle a nipple and hose between the two an place the large bottle up side down. Make sure that you purge the connecting tube with gaz before filling.
Now it is a mater of weighting.
It takes some practice, you may have to release some gaz damp from the Campingazz flasks.
Keep a close eye on your filling weight!! Over filling is not done!.
Filling weight can be found on the internet.
For example 907.
Empty, 3,75kg
Fill weight, 2,75kg
Total weight, 6,5kg.
Last but not least, the fill of my large bottle is 15 € for 12kg gaz. So I save a few pennies there.
Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the information.

You are welcome, clearing the hose or tube between the large and small bottle, just gaz damp is sufficient enough, you don't want a mixture of gaz and air in your Campingaz flask! that's why.
It looks like lot of work but it is simple job to do, take your time and you have saved some pennies for a couple of beers. Cheers, Frans.

Back