Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price and availability of the 907

No chance around this neck of the woods....
"The County Council’s waste management contractor Viridor manages all the HWRS in West Sussex. As soon as the waste has been deposited at a site it becomes the property of Viridor and it is then illegal to sort, remove or purchase any item." From WSCC Website.
In our area they are run by the council and no issues here

Pressure difference of 300bar versus about 3bar make this a non comparison if you get what I mean. The valve on a 907 is a simple sprung ball in a rubbber seal.
That's a good point , a tank is normally between around 175 to 300, I think the max rating for the camping gas is only 30 and I suppose that rubber seal etc would give up first .

LPG, (liquid petroleum gas) is obviously stored under pressure and that is why it’s in a liquid form. When heated up (this can be by direct sunlight), it has an expansion ratio of 270-1 meaning its current pressure can increase by 270 fold. So any weak or improperly maintained cylinders could fail. I’ve seen a small aerosol deodorant can, which was left on top of an oven take out the gable end of a house. I’ve also seen a medical oxygen cylinder completely destroy 4 houses in a row of terraces. All cylinders under pressure have the ability to be extremely dangerous. Just type in BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion), into Google or YouTube to see the devastating effects that it can have.

LPG, (liquid petroleum gas) is obviously stored under pressure and that is why it’s in a liquid form. When heated up (this can be by direct sunlight), it has an expansion ratio of 270-1 meaning its current pressure can increase by 270 fold. So any weak or improperly maintained cylinders could fail. I’ve seen a small aerosol deodorant can, which was left on top of an oven take out the gable end of a house. I’ve also seen a medical oxygen cylinder completely destroy 4 houses in a row of terraces. All cylinders under pressure have the ability to be extremely dangerous. Just type in BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion), into Google or YouTube to see the devastating effects that it can have.
Well that is very interesting, thanks, I'll stick with my idea of paying for a good bottle

It's fine paying for a "good bottle" but you've missed the point, you don't get to keep your bottle, when you get a refill they keep your bottle & give you someone elses thats been refilled.

From Camping Website.
Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 08.34.12.jpg
As long as you buy / exchange your cylinder from a Camping Outlet the exchanged cylinder will be safe and checked. If you get it very cheap from a retailer that refills cylinders, as has been mentioned, then the cylinder is unlikely to have been safety checked.

I just don't get this, trying to save a few Euros or £'s on an item that lasts many months or years for some, to put it into a gas compartment, out of sight, in a £50,000 + vehicle.

Must be me.:mute

It's fine paying for a "good bottle" but you've missed the point, you don't get to keep your bottle, when you get a refill they keep your bottle & give you someone elses thats been refilled.

Thanks do understand what your point is which is why I posted the prices of the refill new ones in Carrefour and the cheaper but seem older and painted over on Cora , you can take an older one in I'm sure and they will give you or you can select one in exchange from their shelves . Also as pointed out by others some places actually recharge your own gas bottle , at for example , some petrol stations in Spain .

I agree with Welsh gas what's the point of any doubt and any way also there's just the convenience of it too. When I bought my new T6 I bought the bottle just before ( after the T6 bank transfer to the dealer even the go outdoors price of £79 seems like pocket money ) I took that go outdoors one and asked the dealer to fit so I could test the gas system when I went through my check of the new vehicles stove. The dealer hadn't checked the gas or the water system and I wanted to do that before I drove off it so paying extra for the bottle wasn't an issue also for that reason .

It's amazing how many posts gas bottle can generate

Completely agree with the points about why stress over a small saving.

I have mine delivered to me. Do it online. Delivered same week, filled bottle arrives, empty bottle goes. If I weigh up the cost which I could have saved by carting empty bottles here there and everywhere to find the best price then it would have been around £9 over 4 years, £2.25 per year or less than 3 pence per night away.

Completely agree with the points about why stress over a small saving.

I have mine delivered to me. Do it online. Delivered same week, filled bottle arrives, empty bottle goes. If I weigh up the cost which I could have saved by carting empty bottles here there and everywhere to find the best price then it would have been around £9 over 4 years, £2.25 per year or less than 3 pence per night away.
The cost of the bottle is neither here or there as you say, it is the avoidance of wee wee takers that drives the pursuit of value.
I am happy to pay the local Wetherspoon £8 for a steak and decent pint of beer and fork out £60 at the Pig at Brockenhurst for the same combination if I think the quality/experience justifies the difference.

I have several bottles of 907 all picked up for c£4 empty. We use the cooker most days for at least a cuppa. I always put in a full bottle before our long trip of the year which is about 3 weeks, cooking most days. I then use any part bottles until empty. I have a pretty good idea when the gas is about to run out as the pressure at the stove. Never been caught out and run out on a trip away and run out of gas. I would say a bottle last us the best part of a year and therefore cost us about £34 via GoOutdoors.
For most owners with a bit of pre trip planning running out of gas on a normal trip away and the need to carry a spare bottle unlikely

Back