Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping near Munich

AS4

AS4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Heya,

We've spent the last few days in Austria and are hoping to go to Deutsches Museum tomorrow.. after ages searching google I haven't found a campsite near Munich that looks in any way appealing.. anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
Aidan

Could try Lech Camping at Augsburg. Good bus service to Augsburg centre, and then 1 hour by train into Munich.

Thanks all for the advice!! Last minute change of plan and we decided to spend the day out in the mountains instead so stayed in Grainiu near Zugspitz instead. Will keep these options in mind for next time when we go to Munich.
Aidan

There is a guy from Ireland as well that does Cali videos
here is one of his from a recent trip to Munich and I'm not sure if he mentions the park or not but it looks pretty nice. He also has some other good videos of him and his family. I'm not sure if he is on here or not but it might help.

There is a guy from Ireland as well that does Cali videos
here is one of his from a recent trip to Munich and I'm not sure if he mentions the park or not but it looks pretty nice. He also has some other good videos of him and his family. I'm not sure if he is on here or not but it might help.
Thanks for the reference Shane (I'm a signed up member / b4 I even had the van ). That's my vid and the campsite was in Thalkirchen. It's a good site (solid German, reliable...) but I have read some poor reviews as they do tend to pack 'em in... Its just outside Munich and is therefore very popular! Thanks again! J

Thanks for the reference Shane (I'm a signed up member / b4 I even had the van ). That's my vid and the campsite was in Thalkirchen. It's a good site (solid German, reliable...) but I have read some poor reviews as they do tend to pack 'em in... Its just outside Munich and is therefore very popular! Thanks again! J

Hey @jason.oneill4, my wife and I have been enjoying your Cali overviews and your travel videos. Keep up the great work.

Hey,
As it happens we decided to stay out in the Mountains as the weather was great and we stayed at camping resort Zugspitze.. good location and great views and the private bathrooms were class!!

Hey,
As it happens we decided to stay out in the Mountains as the weather was great and we stayed at camping resort Zugspitze.. good location and great views and the private bathrooms were class!!
We made the same experience: friendly staff, good staring point for hiking around Zugspitze/Eibsee. And in some way it is more "Glamping" than camping. However we liked it too.