Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping southwold 2019 - opposite the beach

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Possibly our last extended camping of the summer and we are going to Southwold a real jewel of a Victorian seaside town on the east coast. Southwold has its own brewer Addams in the town and quite honestly the best and freshest bitter I have ever tasted. The fish and hips are epic and the Victorian pier is one of the best examples in the uk.
We are tenting for grown up kids and girlfriends and Cali for Mrs Vick and myself - plus BRney dog.
Two other families are accompanying us so we will be a large group of15 plus.
We are going Wednesday to Saturday.

The Cali is in a state of semi readiness - the fridge has been on electric and is chilling beers, cheese and butter. I need to pop two doors down to our organic butcher neighbor for some free range beer bacon and we are ready.
I’ll post some pics of our boot set up tomorrow and how badly I pack it. Then some more pics of our campsite set up.
Looking forward to some family traditions.
1) uno
2) late night cheese and crackers
3) bonfire on the beach
4) bring and consume a bottle of single malt whiskey - one per family (only if over 21 of course).
5) lunch at the LordNelson pub the day after the night before.

If your not travelling in your Cali this week I hope you will enjoy :) :) :) :) :thumb

We stayed at the Cliff House site just above RSPB Minsmere, lovely walk around Southwold and Dunwich and a visit to the Adams brewery superstore..

We stayed at the Cliff House site just above RSPB Minsmere, lovely walk around Southwold and Dunwich and a visit to the Adams brewery superstore..
Hi @Loz
We stayed there last year - steps down to the beach and as you say lovely walks to southwold, Dunwich and westleton :)

So as promised our very basic set up - but hey it works for us.
3 boxes/baskets
One full length from home bargains for food
Middle one has gas cooking stuff
One on far left shoes, waking boots odds and bits. In front of two smaller baskets I store hook up cable and cadac.
They are always packed with essentials so just a matter of putting in Cali. We leave duvet and pillows in boot ready as well then us self seal bags in inside wardrobe with a change clothes per bag.
Boot cupboard we keep toiletries and dog food bowl ect
Insider bench seat draw - extension leads and awning ties, pegs, Bose sound bar.

E7DBB1B3-B7CB-4065-85B2-63B720959AC7.jpeg

We spent saturday night at Southwold, very nice it was too. Our packing is similar, but we have a beach so more room for boxes etc. Most kit goes under the seat, windbreaks etc fit down the left just outside the 2 seat bench in the longer gap.

I did my best to keep the brewing industry alive.

M
So as promised our very basic set up - but hey it works for us.
3 boxes/baskets
One full length from home bargains for food
Middle one has gas cooking stuff
One on far left shoes, waking boots odds and bits. In front of two smaller baskets I store hook up cable and cadac.
They are always packed with essentials so just a matter of putting in Cali. We leave duvet and pillows in boot ready as well then us self seal bags in inside wardrobe with a change clothes per bag.
Boot cupboard we keep toiletries and dog food bowl ect
Insider bench seat draw - extension leads and awning ties, pegs, Bose sound bar.

View attachment 49468
Mattress still wrapped, I thought I was bad ;)

I live near southwold and had many a pint there. You could try fish and chips and a pint at the Harbour inn, then walk into Walberswick via the Bailey bridge.

M

Mattress still wrapped, I thought I was bad ;)
It’s worse
I unwrapped it for when my daughter toured with us- then re wrapped in the original packing :rolleyes: when we are on our own

Last edited:
Apologies for the lack of posts but no WiFi and a hard first two nights starting in Lord Nelson then finishing with late night cheese and biscuits and single malt.
I’ve attached a picture of our set up for the hols / windy so had the shop awning tie down kit on - worked a treat.

F0978E80-DDD0-4016-85F7-EFEAECB9131B.jpeg

67C9DC3E-6B90-4019-9B1D-3B545F80290F.jpeg

4576C04F-31FD-4D44-B768-E8270B0E6B19.jpeg

DE61CCC1-EE8F-4326-B2F4-B68194ACEF35.jpeg

Last day Saturday - went to Alburugh and Dunwich and had lovely bacon roll and cream tea ☕️ on sea front.
Saw a nice VW snail cab on a t25 chassis and a defender with camping set up - both very nice.

9110AA23-45B8-420E-B23F-F8FD37504AD7.jpeg

A6A9330F-0B37-4A59-93C7-BC6398BDACA8.jpeg

95BEAC66-BFDD-46FC-BC48-2335F7F98C5A.jpeg

608650F2-D890-4274-8C02-DCA2E0B07E57.jpeg

Back