Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite around Windsor

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, Can anyone recommend a campsite around Windsor, maybe within a 30 minute drive (although not towards London)? We have booked to take the kids to Legoland and nothing is jumping out. Ideally after something quiet but OK for kids.

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone recommend a campsite around Windsor, maybe within a 30 minute drive (although not towards London)? We have booked to take the kids to Legoland and nothing is jumping out. Ideally after something quiet but OK for kids.

Thanks
Not sure about campsites but there is parking in Windsor.

DACE8193-B67D-4EB5-AA93-3478546D3E58.png

Try Swiss farm nearly Henley
outdoor pool, close to Windsor etc.
easy walk to Henley on Thames town centre.

Normally gets book up early but may be worth a call In case of cancellation etc.

We've had a lovely weekend at Hurley too. Direct access to the river for swimming or messing around on boats.

Thanks
Hi.
We did a week at Chertsey C&C club site - just up the Road.
nice little site - lots of kids but quiet and well ran

Hi.
We did a week at Chertsey C&C club site - just up the Road.
nice little site - lots of kids but quiet and well ran
Agree. Love Chertsey. Nice walk along the river too to Shepperton lock.

Try Swiss farm nearly Henley
outdoor pool, close to Windsor etc.
easy walk to Henley on Thames town centre.

Normally gets book up early but may be worth a call In case of cancellation etc.

A great suggestion. Decent cafe there too.

Make sure you have a spare safe fitted, it’s the no1 hotspot for having your spare pinched.

Many thanks all. We were torn between the Hurley Riverside and the Swiss Farm and have decided to go for the Swiss Farm, both look fantastic though.

Good decision. We have a place in Henley so know the town well. Swiss Farm is an excellent site, try and get a pitch towards the back on the upper terraces if you can.

Please just be aware that Legoland is a hotspot for thefts from vehicles, particularly spare wheels and tech equipment left on display. Every week in summer our local crime report email lists some sort of theft.:mad:

I don't have anything to protect the spare wheel, but it is just a scabby looking steel, so hopefully of no value (touches wood).

We will be loaded with camping gear, which is a worry, but aside from putting electronics like the GPS etc out of view there isn't much we do unfortunately. We've not been before but I'll try to park in as prominent place as possible as a deterent.

I don't have anything to protect the spare wheel, but it is just a scabby looking steel, so hopefully of no value (touches wood).

We will be loaded with camping gear, which is a worry, but aside from putting electronics like the GPS etc out of view there isn't much we do unfortunately. We've not been before but I'll try to park in as prominent place as possible as a deterent.
You could always book a taxi from Swiss Farm. Wouldn’t have to pack everything up either.

The spaces are mostly in rows of 2, so if you reverse in and back up close to the vehicle behind you will probably be much safer, particularly spare wheel and stuff in the back.

Please just be aware that Legoland is a hotspot for thefts from vehicles, particularly spare wheels and tech equipment left on display. Every week in summer our local crime report email lists some sort of theft.:mad:
That’s crazy! Does Legoland not have Security of any sort?

Try to park with the rear overhang over a kerb. Makes getting the spare out difficult.

We have paid for the premium parking, so hoping that includes some better security.. tip for parking over the kerb is a good call thanks.

We have paid for the premium parking, so hoping that includes some better security.. tip for parking over the kerb is a good call thanks.
Go and enjoy your day out with the kids as stress free as it can be :thumb