Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite near Oviedo?

Carrot

Carrot

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hey all, we’re headed to northern Spain again this summer and want to see Oviedo and cycle the senda de la oso. I can’t seem to find any campsites in this area online - does anyone have any recommendations, please?

I’ve seen a couple of car parks with public loos in the area that climbers use, so that might be a last resort, but with 2 little kids, I’m not wild about sleeping in a car park!

Thank you for any ideas!

No idea about campsites but if you get desperate there is a ibis budget (40-50 euro) and a Ibis in Oviedo

Don’t forget to pay homage to Fernando Alonso & see his Kart Track & Car Collection.

Don’t forget to pay homage to Fernando Alonso & see his Kart Track & Car Collection.
Yes, I saw a thread on that when I was searching the forum - good for a rainy day:thumb

No idea about campsites but if you get desperate there is a ibis budget (40-50 euro) and a Ibis in Oviedo
That's where we stayed - great views of the high security prison; Ibis and Ibis Budget share the same building. We paid €9 per person (4 in a room) plus €6 for a dog and €6 for parking in the underground car park. Free parking is available next door, and you could probably camp there too.

That's where we stayed - great views of the high security prison; Ibis and Ibis Budget share the same building. We paid €9 per person (4 in a room) plus €6 for a dog and €6 for parking in the underground car park. Free parking is available next door, and you could probably camp there too.
This is the underground car park I managed to reverse my car in to sign and break the rear light. The staff were really good they saw I was having a problem came out to help, found all the bits in case I could glue it back together and gave me a free drink in the bar. Good to know that it is high enough for a van as I have only been there with a car.

This is the underground car park I managed to reverse my car in to sign and break the rear light. The staff were really good they saw I was having a problem came out to help, found all the bits in case I could glue it back together and gave me a free drink in the bar. Good to know that it is high enough for a van as I have only been there with a car.
I have little recollection of the underground car park - and that little recollection is confined to looking for a height restriction sign and not finding one. I definitely paid €6 for parking as I recorded that fact in our blog.

I think that the hotel staff may have directed us to park in the hotel service area here:

I have little recollection of the underground car park - and that little recollection is confined to looking for a height restriction sign and not finding one. I definitely paid €6 for parking as I recorded that fact in our blog.

I think that the hotel staff may have directed us to park in the hotel service area here:
Your link picture show the is the Ibis budget sign I reversed into as I went the wrong way to get to the car park. Not sure that is a good memory but at least my Spanish was good enough to buy tape to repair the light. It stayed repaired for years. Next day I tried the cider in the town and left the car parked.