Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite recommendations near Skiddaw

M

Mrs Acer

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Lanefoot Farm campsite in Thornthwaite? Lots of reviews on various sites are from tents, but I would prefer a van review.

I've looked at a lot of other sites in this Skiddaw area but are not keen on the regimented line of hard standings and like to pitch up anywhere on a field without hook up. Kestrel Lodge has 2 hard standings but they are right next to the facilities and on the road in and out of the site, which doesn't look that appealing.

Any recommendations? We are going early July.

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Lanefoot Farm campsite in Thornthwaite? Lots of reviews on various sites are from tents, but I would prefer a van review.

I've looked at a lot of other sites in this Skiddaw area but are not keen on the regimented line of hard standings and like to pitch up anywhere on a field without hook up. Kestrel Lodge has 2 hard standings but they are right next to the facilities and on the road in and out of the site, which doesn't look that appealing.

Any recommendations? We are going early July.
Have you asked the campsite?
Most sites that I've visited that have limited hard standings reserve them for caravans and motorhomes in the first instance over campervans.

Back