Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite recommendations Suffolk or Norfolk coast

L

Lost in the Forest

VIP Member
Hi All,

We have decided to explore the East coast this summer, any recommendations on Doggo friendly sites near or close to the coast?

I have absolutely zero knowledge of this coast having always gone West or North West from Hampshire. Of course I will google, but first hand forum knowledge is always appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
We have stayed at Incleboro Fields Caravan site in the past. Not to far from Cromer and Sheringham, from memory you could walk to both from the site. There's also a coastal steam train ride that's good.

We stayed at Sutton Hoo campsite last year (in a tent). Small quiet site, all electric pitches and dog friendly. Short easy walk to the National Trust Sutton Hoo site which is well worth a visit, with lots of beaches and walks an easy short drive away. Lovely walk along the river just down the road in Woodbridge with some nice cafes and pubs. Our first visit to that part of the world and we will be back. We are also in Hampshire and have always headed west - not any more!

North Norfolk is great. We’ve been to Deepdale Campsite a couple of times. Shop, cafes, market and a couple of pubs (One of which is great for local seafood). North Norfolk coast path on other side of road leading to marshes and beaches

North Norfolk is great. We’ve been to Deepdale Campsite a couple of times. Shop, cafes, market and a couple of pubs (One of which is great for local seafood). North Norfolk coast path on other side of road leading to marshes and beaches
Yep stayed at Deepdale 4 or 5 times....tho only off season. Good (new) facilities

Manor farm, easy walking distance to Cromer, cycle / walk to Sheringham.

walking distance to supermarket (out of town)

ideally placed for exploring East coast

campsite has good clean facilities for each camping field, ample for the number of campers / pitches per field, the site is well laid out, some plots have sea views (Byworth meadow)

I recommend a day visit to Holckham hall (with Bikes)

Hi All,

We have decided to explore the East coast this summer, any recommendations on Doggo friendly sites near or close to the coast?

I have absolutely zero knowledge of this coast having always gone West or North West from Hampshire. Of course I will google, but first hand forum knowledge is always appreciated.

Cheers
Mark
In the gorgeous little Suffolk town of Aldeburgh, there's Church Farm campsite within a few yards of the shingle beach, and backing on to a wildlife reserve (rare birds). They have a few spots for camper vans and caravans (no tents). No shop, but it's very close to the town. Excellent toilet/shower block. Need to book well in advance, though.

Be aware that Sandringham estate C&M club site warn of some dogs falling ill after walking in woods + certain times of year.

Sandy Gulls, Mundsley is right in the coast with access to beach and coast path. We also went to Incleboro but not for us - too big and very busy.

Aldeburgh church farm camp site…can be busy though, Dunwich 12 lost churches campsite is very good, right in the beach two pubs and good walks, Southwold a short drive away.
Sizewell is another good option…I live 3 miles from there.

Good luck

Plus another vote for Aldeburgh
But our absolute favourites are southwold campsite (if you can get a pitch) the site is very basic but it’s location opposite beach is just fabulous.

We also go to Kellingheath (great for north Norfolk) much bigger site with amenities.

We also went to Reedham Ferry (by a working chain ferry great for a 3 night stop) and can highly recommend Rowan Craft marina near Beccles.
Enjoy IMHO the East Coast rivals the best that Devon and Cornwall offer and have more character plus are quieter and undiscovered.

Other places to visit Winterton and Mundesley gap for the seals.
Enjoy:cool:

Kessingland C&MC site just south of Lowestoft, is right on the beach. Good for walks along the beach/cliffs north and south and also for visiting Southwold. You could even walk to Southwold if you are feeling energetic.

The C&C Seacroft Site at Cromer is one of our favourites (of there tomorrow), nice little pool on-site and in walking distance of the town (uphill walk back to the campsite to burn off the fish and chips and ice cream!)

We don't generally camp that way as only an hour or so from home, but a lots of day trips!

I’ve stayed at Three Rivers, very good little site with pitches overlooking little tributaries leading to the main Norfolk Broads so if you have a canoe or SUP it’s perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk