Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK Winter Campsite Recommendations

D

Davidandbev

VIP Member
Hello again, does anyone have any recommendations for UK campsites that stay open during the winter months? Our new Ocean should be ready for collection hopefully towards the end of next weekand we would like to do a few mini trips in the South West and East this side of Christmas. The North and Scotland will have to wait until the Spring. Thanks as always for any pointers. D&B

Just done a search on the Caravan Club website, and there are 17 club sites open all year located in the South of England, and quite a few more that open up to the end of December. One I’d recommend for an easy stay is Moreton in Marsh in the Cotswolds. The site is a 5 min walk into the town where there are plenty of pubs, shops etc., and there are some nice walks to be had, plus visits to the likes of Stow.

Another is the Godrevy site in Cornwall. It’s one of our favourites, located within an easy walk of beautiful NT coastline and beaches. I think it only opens till December.

If you can get up to the Peak District, a really great site that is open all year is Castleton.

For most sites at this time of the year I would advise booking early, as there are relatively few available.

Hello again Hawthorn37,
Thanks a million for searching winter sites for us. We really appreciate this. We will most likely visit all of these sites as they are all read well.
All the best, D&B