Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can anyone help

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When driving along I am getting a pingpong or noise as if the internet is dropping in and out from the radio/ nav its the latest model its random and I thought at first it was my phone but turning it off it still does it sometimes 2 times every 5 sec and then every now and again its not pleasant after a few miles

When driving along I am getting a pingpong or noise as if the internet is dropping in and out from the radio/ nav its the latest model its random and I thought at first it was my phone but turning it off it still does it sometimes 2 times every 5 sec and then every now and again its not pleasant after a few miles
You don't have anything heavy on the passenger seat do you? I put a couple of bags on mine and it wanted me to do the seatbelt up...

I have since found out it does it standing still with engine running as if its checking something but nothing shows up anywhere

You don't have anything heavy on the passenger seat do you? I put a couple of bags on mine and it wanted me to do the seatbelt up...

I was told the passengerseat does not have a seatbelt alarm? Odd ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The passenger seat doesn't have a seat belt warning! Very unusual that this is not fitted - on any vehicle especially one costing 50k+.

The passenger seat doesn't have a seat belt warning! Very unusual that this is not fitted - on any vehicle especially one costing 50k+.
Not really. Think about it carefully.
1. Always has to be a driver.
2. Passenger Airbags fitted - not for driver.
3. Pressure sensor would be required to determine if passenger present.
4. Seat normally swivels
5. Common Sence of Driver and Passenger.
6. If lacking in common sence then only helps the Transplant Team & Surgeon keep down the waiting list.

Everyone keeps quoting a 50K vehicle.
It is a well equipped commercial van fitted with 20K of camping equipment. I don't think there are many commercial vans fitted with Passenger seat belt alarms, well none that I know of.

It might be loss of traffic signel, my Touareg used to do it and drove me mad for weeks till i found it.
Try turning the rds traffic off.

Not really. Think about it carefully.
1. Always has to be a driver.
2. Passenger Airbags fitted - not for driver.
3. Pressure sensor would be required to determine if passenger present.
4. Seat normally swivels
5. Common Sence of Driver and Passenger.
6. If lacking in common sence then only helps the Transplant Team & Surgeon keep down the waiting list.

Everyone keeps quoting a 50K vehicle.
It is a well equipped commercial van fitted with 20K of camping equipment. I don't think there are many commercial vans fitted with Passenger seat belt alarms, well none that I know of.
images

Thanks for your invaluable advice WelshGas!
Thinking carefully - I obviously need to attach reminders in a prominent positions!

Your comparison between a commercial van seat and an fully optioned California seat is a little tenuous
eg- alcantara, heated, swiveling, electric, comfort - c.£2500 extra, so to my mind the exclusion of a pressure pad and alert is illogical. Luckily, I do have one on my seat, to remind me - to use my common sence!

images

Thanks for your invaluable advice WelshGas!
Thinking carefully - I obviously need to attach reminders in a prominent positions!

Your comparison between a commercial van seat and an fully optioned California seat is a little tenuous
eg- alcantara, heated, swiveling, electric, comfort - c.£2500 extra, so to my mind the exclusion of a pressure pad and alert is illogical. Luckily, I do have one on my seat, to remind me - to use my common sence!
What about the rear seat or the extra seats - pressure pads and alarms for them?
The seats are very similar in all versions just the fabric changes according to Part Numbers. The Driver is in charge and it is his/her responsibility to ensure everyone is belted up before moving off not the vehicles.

is your excess speed alarm set really low on the mfd? other than that try the radio traffic report bong

Roof not closed fully?

Back