Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UPDATE moo noise!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Recently a loud sort of rubbing / vibration noise (a bit like one of those cow moo horn sounds) happens intermittently when driving, mainly in traffic. It only lasts for a few secs, but is quite loud. I am not sure where it is actually coming from and seems to be sort of in the cab/dash area not a wheel, ...sometimes seems to be from steering column area in dash, but also sometimes sounds as if over on passenger area - vey hard to pin down location! Its fairly infrequent but seems to be happening more often.
I need to get it checked especially as warranty runs out in Dec but its one of those things that you cant say when will happen..no pattern at all apart from seems more prevalent at less than 35mph and usually in traffic. So dealer prob wont be able to reproduce or hear it.
Has anyone any advice or suggestions on what I should get dealership to check out closely? Or has anyone had a similar noise? HELP!!!!

Re: Strange loud intermittent vibration noise in cab any ide

Try a search for "moo valve"
Hope this helps :thumb

Yep that all fits!
I love this forum :D
ringing dealer tomorrow to book in seems they should recognise this fault from postings on here! thanks Snowy I owe you a beer!

Thanks,this is what forums are for :D

Also see : Grrrr noise mooing noise .

when I phoned dealer to book in as soon as I said moo valve he knew immediately!
then whilst I asked to have whole ally roof checked b4 I finished he said oh yes especially the seals! he then asked if I wanted the front panel checking...(but that's already in hand on waiting list)
I wonder how many other things he was expecting me to add!

bus in this week for moo noise (and minor bits)
apparently a new modified bit of pipework needed to be done.
and
yes...a quick pulling of roof seal whilst in dealership revealed......yes its bubbling there!
oh well....does not stop me loving using the Cali...

I had a moo noise in mine, a bit like a winded old cow,

Then my son asked me to sit in the back .... :idea:

What is this then. Mine was doing it in the summer but not now ?

seemingly quite common..if you are under warranty I'd advise booking in even if noise not there at the moment...they have to carry out a known pipework modification but I am not techy so dunno what's involved or why etc...

David Eccles said:
seemingly quite common..if you are under warranty I'd advise booking in even if noise not there at the moment...they have to carry out a known pipework modification but I am not techy so dunno what's involved or why etc...

the modified pipe work is for 180's only and only when certain faults are logged.

thanks

Back