Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can it be done??

C

Cali1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
Does anyone know if its possible to replace the downstairs seat material with memory foam.I use the topper when i use downstairs but find its too bulky and takes up too much space for the time I use it.
Due to needing a cosy comfort night i don't relish trying to sleep on the seat foam that comes as stock,I think would prefer a bed of nails!!
So does anyone see any reason why the foam on the normal rear seats can not be replaced with memory foam or something similar??
Thanks

You find the VW comfort mattress too bulky?

The comfort mattress is comfy as hell but takes up the parcel shelf when not used ,which i need to store more gear.Work out of the van most of the winter and space is limited.
If i could get away with the mattress and use the bed thats meant to be there (which i only do in severe gales) it would help out with space.

I don't know how thick the comfort mattress is but could you store it on the roof bed instead of the vw one & bring it down when needed?

I tried that a while ago but would not close,Ive opted for Comfort replacement mattress upstairs recently which has now sparked my interest in converting downstairs.Im not sure anyone can sleep downstairs on the original seat/bed conversion!

Can't you use the Comfort mattress from upstairs downstairs? I appreciate its slightly wider but if its only for occasional use......

I've yet to buy any toppers/ mattresses as with 5 on board space is at a premium.

Hi Cali1...

Can definitely be done, not sure how costly or effective it would be. Probably significant if not done as part of a full retrim.

I know these guys did some work on a friends and use memory foam in the seat pads, I'm sure others could do the same.

http://www.pipertrimmers.co.uk/trimming.html

Rgds
Mark

I've done without my topper and use an air bed instead. The amount of space liberated is surprisingly large.

Thanks for the replies,thinks will go with the pipe trimmers,thanks Mark.Project for spring ready for summer action.

Back