Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can the California door light be replaced?

P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All.
The facia of the light at the side of the sliding door step Is cracked, only picked van up last Monday From dealer. Are these replaceable? and do you think the dealer should have done it?
Also the trim on drivers seat is flapping about, anyone had same problem?

Thanks in anticipation
Lynne

Hi All.
The facia of the light at the side of the sliding door step Is cracked, only picked van up last Monday From dealer. Are these replaceable? and do you think the dealer should have done it?

Thanks in anticipation
Lynne
The light easily replaced but it is the whole unit not just the cover. Contact Dealer.
Not sure what you mean by seat trim. The rear section is just a push fit. A photo might help.

Yes it is push fit. I will post picture when the floor dry( just scrubbed it with toothbrush and collie bang scum remover) it was most definitely scummy ugh.

The seat trim ?

presuming it is the fabric you are talking about?

I will make an educated guess the front part of the seat pad is loose where it wraps under the seat ?

The material has a plastic piece sown on to allow it to hook onto the seat frame. It simply just reattaches by stretching the material slightly.

As WG says back to the dealer ( foot well lights are about £30 each)

If the trim is the plastic cover for the seat base (rear) it is a push on panel

Hi All.

Thanks in anticipation
Lynne
Mine was also cracked when new. I ended up taking the silver cover off and gluing with super glue. I also put a dab of silver paint on to cover the crack.

Update on seat trim/ plastic facia. It’s definitely broken, another thing for the dealer and the lights and the bed handle. Passenger front also catching on a black screw from the seat mounting!

Back