Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can we talk about the folding chairs in my Ocean?

M

MelsCampervan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi
I have a 2016 Ocean and both chairs have broken recently.
They have broken under the arm rest, the plastic holding the leg shaft has broken, and I see from previous threads that this has happened to others. We have barely used the chairs so this is disappointing.
First question, does any one know where I can get spares?
Second, is it a big deal if I sell my van on without VW folding chairs?
Thanks

I think the forum shop were starting to sell improved versions?
I'd certainly replace them before sale (if private). They are a big part of the Cali (vs conversion) experience. A dealer probably wouldn't notice if you could live with your conscious (I couldn't).

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Get yourself some La-Fuma chairs.
Big and bulky, but at least you can lean back and fall asleep for an hour in the sun / shade.

They can be fixed with 22mm copper pipe. If you have basic mechanical skills it's easy. Both my chairs are running on Copper pipe. Cut a bit off. Drill, rivet. Done. Use search function

It seems like with every update of the California, they manage to worsen things.
Bellows, chairs, A/C panels, ABS sensors, ...
Why would they fix something that isn't broken?

OT
There are some usefull tips here on the forum. A quick search must lead you to one that fits you the most.

It seems like with every update of the California, they manage to worsen things.
Bellows, chairs, A/C panels, ABS sensors, ...
Why would they fix something that isn't broken?
As far as I can see the chairs, AC panel& ABS sensors on my current T6.1 are identical to those on my first Cali more than ten years ago. The only change is the bellows & the panoramic opening front is a great improvement.

They can be fixed with 22mm copper pipe. If you have basic mechanical skills it's easy. Both my chairs are running on Copper pipe. Cut a bit off. Drill, rivet. Done. Use search function
Thanks for this, I did see a post about this and will defiantly have a look as you have found it works well.

I'd certainly replace them before sale (if private). They are a big part of the Cali (vs conversion) experience. A dealer probably wouldn't notice if you could live with your conscious (I couldn't).
I think I would be disappointed if I didn't have the folding chairs too. I

I checked with the forum shop yesterday and they still don’t know when the ‘replacements’ will be available.
Personally the absence of original chairs would not be an absolute dealbreaker but I would certainly take it in to account when weighing up a deal.

I checked with the forum shop yesterday and they still don’t know when the ‘replacements’ will be available.
Personally the absence of original chairs would not be an absolute dealbreaker but I would certainly take it in to account when weighing up a deal.
The chairs won't be missing , they will just be fixed. Unless a buyer takes the chairs out and tips them upside down no one would ever know!

Back